UnionFS Stale File Handle

• I'm running 4.1.23-1 Arrakis with the UnionFS plugin. Within my UnionFS, I have 2 4tb Seagate drives that I use for Plex Storage. On my Plex VM, I have Radarr, Sonarr, and Transmission running in Dockers with Plex running outside of Docker.

I've run into the problem wherein all of my Docker Containers using the NFS share from my UnionFS will have Stale File Handles until I restart my containers. My Plex install does not have this issue.

Here are my NFS mount settings on the client-side:

Code
    192.168.0.135:/export/ufs /opt/plexmedia  nfs defaults 0 0

I've left my NFS share settings on the serverside default at: subtree_check,insecure.

So here's my question: how can I resolve my Stale File Handle issue? It's making so that Radarr can no longer do its job and I'm restarting it 4-5 times a day. I just switched from my UnionFS in Transmission to a different NFS share and that has resolved the issue, so I know it's an issue with that specific NFS Share/UnionFS.

Anyone else experience this?

• Offizieller Beitrag

It happens to me. I ended up switching to use the smb docker storage plugin for remote mounts just for downloaders for plex nfs should work fine.
    Most of this problems come usually I guess when sonarr is moving files across copying and server becomes unavailable for small time, I haven’t nailed down but give smb a try instead of nfs.

• Thanks for the assistance, @subzero79.

Switching to SMB/CIFS seems to be a good interim fix. I've been running it all day with no issues. This issue had me tearing my hair out thinking it was a Docker issue but who knew it'd be such a simple fix.

I'm going to leave the thread marked as unresolved until an implementation with NFS fixes this in case anyone doesn't want to switch off of NFS.

• I am having this

It happens to me. I ended up switching to use the smb docker storage plugin for remote mounts just for downloaders for plex nfs should work fine.
    Most of this problems come usually I guess when sonarr is moving files across copying and server becomes unavailable for small time, I haven’t nailed down but give smb a try instead of nfs.

I am having a similar issue to you. I have an Unraid server sharing via SMB. I used remote mount plugin and i keep getting Stale File Handles. I assume this is due like you say of having Radarr moving files from my OMV system to the Unraid system. I am not sure what you are talking about for "smb docker storage plugin for remote mounts". I used the Remote Mounts Plugin for OMV 4.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!