FTP issues

• Hi Team,

When I try to Activate the FTP server, appears an error:

(Uploaded as a TXT file, because it has more than 10000 characters and is not able to be written in one post)

WeTransfer

If I accept the Error, seems that the Service is fine, but the shared folders doesn't appear when I connect tru a FTP Client.

Any idea?

I disabled the Service, and when I Activate again, the Error appear again.

SSL/TTL are disabled

Thanks!

• Here the first part of the Error message:

I tried to apply the last updates, with no succes..

• What is the output of

Code
    # systemctl status proftpd.service

Hi @votdev,

here the output.

• Offizieller Beitrag

But now the service is running.The status reports no error.

• You are right, seems that the service is working properly, but no shared folders (also added in FTP shared Folders) appears when I try to connect via FTP Client.
    I created also a specific User with rights (only read), and the user is able to connect but no FTP Shared folders appears.

• I have the exact same problem. Your server will no start on its own when you reboot OMV. I didn't found a solution to my problem yet. Here is the link to the thread: FTP won't start/buggy start

• Then you surely use the wrong filesystem, guessing NTFS. OMV is Linux, thus you need a POSIX compliant filesystem to use all features, NTFS is not POSIX compliant.

I think that I didn't have this issue with OMV4, I will try now (just installing OMV) and I will update asap..
    Thanks!

• @votdev,

Confirmed, with OMV4 I can access to NTFS disks via FTP with no issues.

If you need more information or details, tell me.

Meanwhile I will work again with OMV4, that for some reason I can't access via web thru Chorme (blank page after Log in), but I can do it fine thru Edge.

thanks again for your time.

• Meanwhile I will work again with OMV4, that for some reason I can't access via web thru Chorme (blank page after Log in), but I can do it fine thru Edge.

thanks again for your time.

Clear your browser's cache.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!