raspberry pi 4 expected transfer speeds

• I have omv running on a raspberry pi 4 2Gb and get transfer rates of about 18MB/s on read and write, usb 3, samba and apple filing more or less the same...
    Think it's a bit low, am I doing something wrong or are my expectations to high?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I documented my journey to increase my RPi 4 transfer speeds here: reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/comm…hmop/_/ezlqlc5/?context=1.

That is an interesting setup would never have considered using a cluster box, are you experiencing any of the overheating throttling on the Pi without direct active cooling. Makes a change to see someone not using a raid setup on a Pi unlike some "youtube gurus"

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

• This over Ethernet? If so, you should be getting much faster speeds.

Yes over Ethernet, usb-3 2Gb external HDD attached with own power supply, formated ext4, boot and omv on SanDisk Ultra UHS-I (speed up to 100MB/s 667X)

MergeFS and SnapRAID are usefull only if you have more drives right?
    I want to install as little as possible...
    NZBGet via Docker is essential for speed if I understand your article on reddit correct??
    How about Sonarr and Radarr, don't think I need this for performance?
    What do I need and what to try first?

Thanks Dirk

• That is an interesting setup would never have considered using a cluster box, are you experiencing any of the overheating throttling on the Pi without direct active cooling. Makes a change to see someone not using a raid setup on a Pi unlike some "youtube gurus"

I have heatsinks installed on the Pi and the case has 4 fans attached to the back, so the Pi runs quite cool (never above 50 degrees C).

Right, MergerFS and SnapRAID are useful only if you’re running multiple drives. NZBGet, Sonarr, and Radarr are all for Usenet downloading, so not really applicable to the NAS functionality of the Pi.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!