Mini PC low power OMV NAS : ACEPC T11

• Hello,

This is my 2nd mini PC named ACEPC T11,
    This kind of solution is not widely used with OMV, and it is hard to find any feedback on such hardware.

Hardware = ACEPC T11 (110€)
    Intel Atom x5-Z8350
    GPU – Intel HD Graphics
    No fan / no noise
    RAM 4GB
    28.81 GiB eMMC
    2.5″ SATA bay (1 x 2.5inch HDD up to 2TB)
    LAN:10/100M
    Wifi Broadcom
    Bluetooth: Version 4.0
    USB port:1xUSB 3.0;3xUSB 2.0;1xMicro USB for OTG
    Card reader: TF Card (up to 128GB)

HDMI Port :HDMI 2.0
    Microphone audio: 3.5mm Microphone jack x1
    VGA Port:VGA 1920*1080

Storage :
    The SATA 2.5 slot is occupied by a "Crucial CT120BX500SSD1 SSD Interne BX500 (120Go, 3D NAND, SATA, 2,5 pouces)" (22€)

OMV 4.1.25 (without plugin) installed on the eMMC drive.
    The installation of OMV v4.1.22 works fine but it requires later the "nomodeset" option with grub from the moment you unplug the screen.
    The installation of OMV v5.0.5 freezes at the network configuration stage.

Fanless :
    There is no fan into the mini PC which make it very silent, and the same for the drive which is a SSD.

Power consumption :
    The power is measured with a "Perel E305EM6".
    The idle power is much more bigger than what I get with the KODLIX GN41 but still satisfying for a PC architecture : 3.6 W (varying between 3.3 W and 3.8 W)
    This is measured with default OMV settings, ethernet cable, no wifi, no screen, no mouse, no keyboard, SSD.
    I believe that this value could be reduced to 2.4 W because I got that with OMV v4.1.24, at the moment I still don't know what is consuming an additional 1.2 W.
    Moreover both Win10 1809 and Ubuntu 19.03 (mice + keyboard + HDMI signal + ethernet + no wifi) consume [2.8W / 3.3W]

Performance :
    Not tested

Architecture : amd64
    I wanted to avoid ARM hardware because I don't like the fact that there
    is still no enumeration/discovery service. The day they provide that I
    will think about ARM. Remark : On the opposite, the Bios of that mini PC
    is shitty and don't expect any update on that side.

• Update 05oct2020 :

"openmediavault_5.5.11-amd64.iso" install works fine, this was not the case of an earlier v5 version which was freezing during the installation process.

Also, after installation, you have to use SSH to add the "nomodeset" option to grub, otherwise the PC will freeze 1 or 2 minutes after boot if there is no screen attached.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!