RemoteDesktop for OMV5?

• OMV 5.x (beta)
    • RemoteDesktop for OMV5?

Hello,

right now I'm running VMware Workstation unter RemoteDesktop (OMV v4). Today I've installed on my testsystem latest version of OMV v5 and omv-extras.
      Unfortunately there's no remotdesktop-plugin for OMV v5 yet.

Is there any chance that this plugin will be ported to v5 too?

Thanks in advance

Huberer
      OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Stretch with backports-Kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v4 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Virtualbox (with DSM 6.2.x), Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadendServer (unstable release)

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2
    • Huberer wrote:

Nope. I did suggest the docker image that I have been using that works extremely well in this post - forum.openmediavault.org/index…?postID=186122#post186122
      omv 5.1.2 usul | 64 bit | 5.3 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.1.7
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Thanks, I will give it a try
      OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Stretch with backports-Kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v4 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Virtualbox (with DSM 6.2.x), Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadendServer (unstable release)

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2
    • ryecoaaron wrote:

Huberer wrote:

Nope. I did suggest the docker image that I have been using that works extremely well in this post - forum.openmediavault.org/index…?postID=186122#post186122
      Hi,

I'm currently moving my plugins to Docker containers where possible. I also installed the mentioned RDP-Docker (hub.docker.com/r/danielguerra/ubuntu-xrdp) and that works in principle. But, I have to questions:
      • It's painfully slow, especially typing! It's also much, much slower than the previously used OMV-plugin. Is there anything that can be done?
      • I was able to change the user password, but that was not persistent. After restarting the container, the default password had to be used? How can I make this persistent?
      Thanks for any hints!
    • alti4 wrote:

It's painfully slow, especially typing! It's also much, much slower than the previously used OMV-plugin. Is there anything that can be done?
      Not sure why. They do the same thing. What kind of system?

alti4 wrote:

I was able to change the user password, but that was not persistent. After restarting the container, the default password had to be used? How can I make this persistent?
      You would have to modify the dockerfile to expose the /etc directory since it is only exposing these two: VOLUME ["/etc/ssh","/home"]
      omv 5.1.2 usul | 64 bit | 5.3 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.1.7
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • ryecoaaron wrote:

alti4 wrote:

It's painfully slow, especially typing! It's also much, much slower than the previously used OMV-plugin. Is there anything that can be done?
      Not sure why. They do the same thing. What kind of system?

alti4 wrote:

I was able to change the user password, but that was not persistent. After restarting the container, the default password had to be used? How can I make this persistent?
      You would have to modify the dockerfile to expose the /etc directory since it is only exposing these two: VOLUME ["/etc/ssh","/home"]
      It's in i7 5th generation, so that shouldn't be a problem...

Thanks for the hint with the dockerfile!

Post by alti4 ().

This post was deleted by ryecoaaron: dupe ().
    • Users Online 1

1 Guest