Performances of RSync

• Good morning all,

I'm sure this is something that has been discussed already but I seem not to be able to find any reference at the moment.

I have a couple of servers, both with a number of NICs (4 and 6, to be precise) configured with LACP (the switch supports LACP).
    Now, I was expecting NAS-to-NAS transfers to hit approx. 4 Gbps (the slowest server has 4 * 1Gbps interfaces) however I can see I a only able to reach 1Gbps as, apparently, rsync only creates a single TCP session which cannot span multiple NICs.

I have tried to start multiple rsync jobs concurrently, hoping that this would allow all the bandwidth to be used however that still hit 1 Gbps top.
    I'm sure LACP works just fine as I move from/to each NAS data faster than 1 Gbps (i.e. having 3 wired clients copying from each NAS I can consume ~ 3Gbps).

Is there any way to tell RSync to take advantage of all the available bandwidth and spread the load across multiple NICs configured with Link Aggregation?

Thank you.

HP MicroServer Gen 8
    HP DL360e Gen 8 + HP StorageWorks D2700

HP DL380e Gen 8 + HP StorageWorks D2600

• Hi @ness1602, thank you for your reply.

That's what I realized, is there any way to use all the bandwidth in a 1:1 connection?
    Perhaps by switching from LACP to balanced-xor/balancer-rr or other bonding algorithms?

Thank you.

HP MicroServer Gen 8
    HP DL360e Gen 8 + HP StorageWorks D2700

HP DL380e Gen 8 + HP StorageWorks D2600

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!