no connection to Portainer after installation of docker under OMV v5

• Thanks for the info. Maybe it has something to do with the activated tab for the installation of Portainer after enabling omv-extras.
    Because when you have a look on this side you can see the enabled Portainer docker (it's in green) even you haven't installed docker. Maybe this is the issue?
    And after installation of docker the system won't install portainer.

I had the same issue. By installing portainer manually (via CLI) it was working like it should

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• Offizieller Beitrag

Further searching for cockpit

Code
    apt-cache policy cockpit
    cockpit:
      Installed: (none)
      Candidate: 202.1-1~bpo10+1
      Version table:
         202.1-1~bpo10+1 500
            100 http://httpredir.debian.org/debian buster-backports/main amd64 Packages
         188-1 500
            500 http://deb.debian.org/debian buster/main amd64 Packages

that is after enabling cockpit and savein OMV-Extras, dpkg --list does not display cockpit.

I am now tempted to just reinstall and try again, thankfully this is just testing :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sorted!! Clean install, made the relevant changes under system, wiped the hard drive and created a file system, ssh into server and ran wget -O - http://omv-extras.org/install | bash this installs OMV-Extras, from plugins installed flash memory.

Back to OMV-Extras enabled Extras repo -> Save don't know if this is necessary but did it anyway. Updates -> apt clean.

Created a share for Docker Storage on the hard drive -> Save
    Disabled Install Portainer -> Save
    Install Docker :thumbup:
    Updates -> apt clean (I do this a lot if I'm having problems)
    Enable Install Portainer -> Save
    Install Docker this will go through the process of the install but a message comes back 0 Installed 0 Upgraded + another, but the fundamental part portainer_data which outputs the seriously long container reference
    Open Portainer web interface :thumbup::thumbup: success

Went through the same process for Cockpit
    Open Cockpit web interface :thumbup::thumbup: success

Having a quick look at Cockpit -> Create VM I still can't find how you would point the install to a share on the server, this has come up on the forum. OK further investigation one option is missing in the Cockpit install, storage, and the issue of creating the VM on a share on your server is not possible, this was asked about here the relevance of that is your VM is going to be installed on your boot device!!

I have added the storage option from the cli, but even though I have installed that you cannot specify where to install the VM. Does this have something to do with the output from apt-cache referencing 188.

• geaves

I followed your guide, but I used the script to install OMV + omv-extras directly. Did a clean installation on VMware Fusion.

It didn't work either. So no connection to portainer ;(
    But I can install it manually anyway. And when I get a second PC I will install it on a real hardware.

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• I've also created a new script that will install OMV itself if it isn't installed already - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…-Developers/installScript

Yesterday and today I did a new installation of Debian 10 (netinstall - just ssh server and system utilities enabled) and used your script to install OMV over Debian 10.
    Unfortunately the script stops because of missing sudo.
    I normally install Debian, login with root (direct on the server), enable ssh and when I connect via a client to the server (with 'ssh root@IP-server') and try to run the script, it says that sudo is missing.
    So I've installed sudo by hand and afterwards everything is working fine.

Maybe you can update in your script the matter to install sudo first.

Thanks in advance

• Offizieller Beitrag

Unfortunately the script stops because of missing sudo.
    Maybe you can update in your script the matter to install sudo first.

I want the script to be executable using sudo though. I added the prerequisites to install to the README - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ipt/blob/master/README.md

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• New Problem. I did some updated today and after restarting my server all docker containers were gone. I tried apt clean and pressed "install docker" again. After that my docker containers returned. Only portainer stays down. Also I cant manually start portainer because of this error message docker: Error response from daemon: network bridge is ambiguous (2 matches found on name).
    docker network ls gives:

Code
    NETWORK ID          NAME                  DRIVER              SCOPE
    0cef225c0710        bridge                bridge              local
    4207ded0bc05        bridge                bridge              local
    f75e7ccbde17        host                  host                local
    4d79b7421042        host                  host                local
    4446a2322aa1        my-net                bridge              local
    cdee325e3d22        none                  null                local
    3a9302b91d49        resiliosync_default   bridge              local
    2c219cda2b0f        workgroup             macvlan             local

when I try docker network rm bride then I get Error response from daemon: bridge is a pre-defined network and cannot be removed

Any ideas?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any ideas?

Docker probably started before your storage. There a couple of threads with ideas about that. portainer is set to restart on boot unless stopped and just uses the default network. You have a lot of networks. So, hard to say what happened.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

I thinks its the duplication of the bridge and host networks that causes the problems. Dont know how that happened.

Good point. I didn't notice that. Maybe caused by docker-compose?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!