Drive unmountable

• Hi all,

New to OMV - I have one HD installed so far but after a reboot or two it wouldn't mount, having worked fine before. Searched the forums, couldn't fix, so reformatted, renamed and now back in business.

But - the old drive name is still referenced in file systems and marked as n/a and missing. I'd like to remove this entry - how can I?

Thanks, John

Inwin MS04 case with 315 W PSU

ASUS Prime H310i-Plus R2.0 board

Two port PCI-E SATA card

16GB Kingston DDR4

Intel Pentium Coffee Lake G5400 CPU

Samsung Evo M.2 256GB OS drive

4x4TB WD Red NAS drives + 1x4TB + 1x5TB Seagate drives - MergerFS pool

Seagate 5TB USB drives - SnapRAID parity x 2

• Offizieller Beitrag

It would have been nice if you could simply delete the entry for a drive that has been removed, and then everything that depends on that drive is automatically deleted. But OMV doesn't allow that... Some form of precaution?

To remove the drive entry you need to first delete everything that involves that drive. You have to first delete any entry for services that use or reference that drive, then any entry for shares that use that drive, then any entry for filesystems that use that drive. It may seem complicated, but it is just the direct reverse of what you did after you added the drive.

Be smart - be lazy. Clone your rootfs.
    OMV 5: 9 x Odroid HC2 + 1 x Odroid HC1 + 1 x Raspberry Pi 4

• Thanks this did the trick.

Inwin MS04 case with 315 W PSU

ASUS Prime H310i-Plus R2.0 board

Two port PCI-E SATA card

16GB Kingston DDR4

Intel Pentium Coffee Lake G5400 CPU

Samsung Evo M.2 256GB OS drive

4x4TB WD Red NAS drives + 1x4TB + 1x5TB Seagate drives - MergerFS pool

Seagate 5TB USB drives - SnapRAID parity x 2

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!