Upgrade to version 5 & cockpit issues

• Dear All,

my omv 4 is working wonderfully, except i cannot upgrade kernel without loosing my nic driver, ( Intel i219) ) this driver is included in the 5.05 build, so that is one reason i think an upgrade would be a good idea.

The second reason i would like to upgrade is because cockpit does not seem to play well on omv 4 / debian 9.10

i cannot create new vm:s through the cockpit interface, and remote console also does not work.

i logged an issue with cockpit that thinks its a kernel bug that was never fixed : https://github.com/cockpit-project/cockpit/issues/12886

anyone using cockpit on v 5.05 ? , does remote console & creating vm:s work through the web interface of cockpit for you?

Br
    Patric

• Offizieller Beitrag

The problem with cockpit on v4 is that you are unable to move the installation of the vm so it's installed on your boot drive, v5 should include the latest version of cockpit which allows you to do this.

As I use USB flash drives I could run v5 as a test on my current system by removing all my data drives, then add an old small drive to add a couple of shares, but I have an old laptop with v5 on it as a test I was going to reinstall 5 but I could test cockpit on that first and report back.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I not quite understand what the outcome was for you? , did the web interface not work at all?

I doesn't appear that cockpit has installed using the option in OMV-Extras enabling cockpit and save should install it but for me see my recent post in that thread.

This is the OMV-Extras GUI;

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!