Dropbox Docker Issue

• Hi,

I am trying to get the docker image from janeczku working. If I put the DBOX_UID and DBOX_GID as 0 and 0, and map the container's dropbox folder to a folder in the host's root filesystem, then the docker image works wonderfully. But I've heard this is bad practice.

So I have a user 'Luke' with the uid and gid of 1002 and 100. I have an appdata shared folder and in that, a Dropbox folder. The user Luke has read/write/execute access to this dropbox folder and a .dropbox folder. When I plug these into the env and volume mappings sections and run, it doesn't work. There are permission issues (can't write log file, can't open libdropbox_apex.so etc).

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks
    Luke

• Thanks for your reply. The shared folder "/appdata" owner was set as root. I've now set it to Luke. "/appdata/Dropbox/" owner was Luke, and groups for both are "users". I double checked permissions, and Luke and group users have read write execute.

Does OMV need a restart to set permissions? I ran the image again, and it has perm issues. But setting the ENV variables of DBOX_UID and DBOX_GID and group to 0 works.

So I must be doing something wrong...

• Open a console, go to the /srv folder and then cd to the folder where your shared folder is located and do a

Code
    ls -al

to find out the owner of the files and folders. User and group 0 means "root", which is not a good idea.

• These are all looking good...not sure what else I can do...

EDIT
    Deleted the image, pulled it again and ran the container. Didn't work without root even though there are DBOX_UID and DBOX_GID ENV vars. Could anyone confirm they can run this image with a user other than root.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!