OMV on HC2 Keeps randomly rebooting during the day

• Hello there. My device keeps getting rebooted every few hours, I hear the HDD go "CLICK" and it reboots. I'm not very linux savvy but know how to use a search button so if you could point me in the right direction that'd be great. Below is the log of booting sequences when I know for sure didn't touch the device.
    Device itself doesn't have much, only Transmission through Docker and miniDLNA server that I use to watch stuff on network.

THanks in advance!

• Offizieller Beitrag

A couple of ideas...

If you have an old HC2 you may need to update the SATA/USB Bridge firmware. An old version had problems with parking and restarting the drive. It caused a nasty clicking sound and might even harm the HDD. At least some SMART values was incremented that really shouldn't. Newer HC2s doesn't have this problem.

Some HDDs are incompatible with hdparm and activating ANY of the physical disk properties in OMV may cause very strange problems. It is the stuff like spindown and APM and noise you reach by selecting edit on the disk in the OMV web GUI. If it is a NAS HDD then it has default settings that are OK without changing them. And it is NAS HDDs that often are incompatiblewith hdparm. WD Red and Seagate Ironwolf, I belive. Possibly others as well.

If you need to change the spindown of the HDD, then you can do that when reflashing the SATA/USB firmware.

Info/software/firmware for reflashing the firmware can be found on the Odroid site, in the wiki.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!