System unusable after update

• So, today I checked for updates in the web interface and OMV found some, so I did the update. After that, seeing that there was a kernel update, I rebooted and I wasn't able to do anything anymore.

I have a ZFS pool where I keep all the media files and looks like zfs module didn't load anymore. I took a look at the logs and saw that there was a problem with upgrading linux-headers-amd64 package, which also triggered problems with other important packages: openmediavault-omvextrasorg, zfsutils-linux, zfs-zed.

I went to the machine and rebooted. I chose the latest known working kernel, but I get the same prolem: ZFS pool is not mounted because zfs module is not loaded.

I checked /var/log/apt/history.log and tried to manually run the latest command I found in there and here's the output:

What can I do in this case? I have no idea at the moment and all my music, photos, movies are "suspended".

• Offizieller Beitrag

As I mentioned in a couple of other threads, this is caused by a newer kernel release while the headers meta package is still pointing at the old kernel (not available). So, the zfs module wasn't compiled for the new kernel. So, you can either boot the older kernel and start using the proxmox kernel. omv-extras kernel tab lets you do both.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!