• Hi,

I just want to say thank you to the developers, testers and everyone else involved who have put in the effort to develop this product and make it available for free. Your efforts are appreciated by me.

I have not had a huge amount of time with it, but so far it looks ideal for a home/SME NAS, which is what I am using it for. The install process was relatively painless and having videos available was extremely helpful.

I am using the basic install, MergerFS, docker and Plex in a docker container. I use windows and android for the majority of my devices and connecting to the NAS has been painless.

A couple of quick suggestions - and feel free to ignore:

1. Maybe a banner on the top of the web page if the (newbie) user logs in with anything other than "admin" - along the lines of "Limited access - Log in as 'admin' to administer this system." Yes, this had me befuddled for a while, wondering how I had screwed up the system and make it lose most of the menus.

2. I had a shonky disk and errors were being logged to syslog, but on the surface, OMV was calm and content - not showing the major dramas below. It would be nice to have some sort of notification panel that at least identified that there are problems in the engine room.

anyway, thanks again.

Ron.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!