docker breaks internet connection

• I have installed OMV 5 on RPI4.
    After installing Docker the internet connection on my pi is broken.
    I am able to ping 8.8.8.8 but i can't ping google and any other site

i tried hardcoding nameserver 8.8.8.8 in /etc/resolv.conf and it works for some time.

is there any permanent fix to this?

• If you can ping 8.8.8.8 (outside your network), but not google.com, it sounds like a DNS issue. If your network was broken, you wouldn't get a positive result from 8.8.8.8.

Try 1.1.1.1 (Primary) and 1.0.0.1 (Secondary) for DNS. Those are cloudflare's servers and I rarely have problems with them.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Is this old airplane safe to fly? How in the world do you think it got to be this old?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Use omv-firstaid from CLI to configure the network interface.

Either use DHCP or use static IP. If you use static IP add as DNS server the IP of your router and an additional DNS server like phrogpilot73 has suggested.

I would suggest to use DHCP and assign a fixed IP to the RPi in your router. Or just use hostname instead of IP to reach your RPi.

• I had the same problem with the broken internet connection after installation of docker.
    Intranet worked but no internet. So I changed from DHCP to a fixed IP-address with DNS (from google) and the problem is gone. Internet was working again.

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!