Unable to edit or remove shared folder after deleting folder on SMB

• Hello guys,

Just as a litte hint, if someone has the same issue.

i was having great issues as i was not able to edit or remove any shared folders on my omv 4 installation anymore, though it went all well before.

i always got different error messages like the attached one after pressing apply and i had to revert the action.

So what was finally the rootcause? I deleted in my windows machine (explorer to the smb) a folder, which was still a smb-share and a shared-folder in omv.

This was my setup on OMV 4:

I have a Drive called Media2, which i had shared as shared folder and as smb-share "Media2"
    Inside this i had another shared folder, called series, which was also a separate shared folder and a separate smb-share "series"
    Inside this i had another shared folder, called sort, which was also a separate shared folder and a separate smb-share "sort".

Media2 / series / sort

Now i did make the mistake to delete the folder series in windows (in the explorer window), though it was still mentioned as a shared folder in omv-webinterface.

This led to a problem on every change or deletion i wanted to do in omv, as this folder was no longer physical there, but omv thought so.

Problem was, i wanted to delete a very different Share "Media1" on a different drive, so i had first no connection between the rootcause and my tries to delete another Share

My resolution was very simple, after i figured it out.

I just recreated the deleted folder in the windows explorer and all went well again in OMV.

Maybe this can save some time, if you run into this kind of problem.

regards

gkhar2

• Media2 / series / sort

As I heared nested shared folders should be avoided generally - maybe because of that kind of problems particularly.

Media2 / series / sort

Now i did make the mistake to delete the folder series in windows (in the explorer window),

I am quite surprised that this is possible at all. I would assume that this is prevented by Samba.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• yeah, seems like nested shares should be avoided.

I had to do it only because i collected huge amounts of data from different drives into one new big one, where i vreated the nested shared for simplicity for the rsync processes.

regards

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!