how to extend a UnionFS mount point after adding another HDD

• Hi all,

I am looking for any guidance in this. I currently have a UnionFS mount setup with 2 x 4TB drives. This is also setup in Snapraid with a 3rd 4TB drive as the parity drive. I have recently gotten hold of 2 more 4tb drives and I would like to add to my current UnionFS mount/file system to extend it without losing any data.

Now in OMV I am able to edit the current Union mount in the "Union Filesystems" section under storage. I add the 2 new drives so that it shows all 4. When I go back to the "file systems" section under storage, the entry still shows the old amount of space and has not updated to the sapce for all 4 drives.

My question is, how do I extend that current file system entry without losing any data?

Regards,
    Devon

• You might have to force a remount of all drives or reboot the machine to have it show properly.

There is nothing you can do using the Union Filesystems plugin that can cause you to lose any data. Adding or subtracting drives from a pool doesn't touch the data on those drives.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Thanks for the response.

You might have to force a remount of all drives or reboot the machine to have it show properly.

There is nothing you can do using the Union Filesystems plugin that can cause you to lose any data. Adding or subtracting drives from a pool doesn't touch the data on those drives.

So even if i Delete the Union pool I created and recreate it with the same drives + the new ones it wont delete anything? Would I need to create the shared folders again?

• I don't use the Union Filesystems plugin preferring to configure mergerfs by hand. So I don't have an answer for you about shared folders.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Thanks for the response.

So even if i Delete the Union pool I created and recreate it with the same drives + the new ones it wont delete anything? Would I need to create the shared folders again?

That’s correct on both points. But that being said, pretty sure all you need to do is reboot. I think MergerFS requires a reboot for changes to the drive pool to take effect.

• I would try:

sudo mount -a

first, and if that didn't work, reboot.

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!