Can't install/initiate Portainer on OMV5 / RPi 4

• This is the output:

Code
    root@OMV-Testsystem:/var/lib/docker/containers/46f8790ddbbf8aff3188b9b7c286d9a6bd1351a5a984bb9787203e0fd82a7eab# docker container ls
    CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                 COMMAND             CREATED             STATUS                          PORTS               NAMES
    46f8790ddbbf        portainer/portainer   "/portainer"        22 minutes ago      Restarting (1) 30 seconds ago                       portainer

The status seems very wired to me. Because I didn't do anything the last 5 minutes (watching football right now)

this means something is wrong with your container. Stop and remove the container and try the run command again:

Code
    docker volume create portainer_data
    docker run -d -p 9000:9000 --name portainer --restart always -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock -v portainer_data:/data portainer/portainer
  • That's fine, run the apt clean again and the error message should resolve itself.

Already did it multiple times, but it doesn't help me.

That's fine, run the apt clean again and the error message should resolve itself.

Thanks for the hint. But now, as I mentioned, I can't even install Docker.

The "Failed to update apt repos" error makes me suspect it would be something wrong with my network, but I already have reconfigured my network with omv-firstaid, and I can ping http://www.google.com just fine.

• I finally figured this out, so let me share with you.

1) I was not able to update my repositories or install anything because my freaking clock had the wrong time and date. When I fixed the clock, I could finally install Docker and Portainer.

2)

That's absolutely right. I had my Docker storage set on my external HD (/sharedfolders/docker), and Docker was running before my storage was mounted. I fixed this by creating a file named docker-wait-sharedfolders.service in the /etc/systemd/system directory, with the following content:

[Unit]
    Description=Wait for SHAREDFOLDERS-DOCKER.MOUNT before starting Docker
    RequiredBy=docker.service
    Before=docker.service
    Requires=sharedfolders-docker.mount
    After=sharedfolders-docker.mount

[Service]
    Type=oneshot
    ExecStart=/bin/true
    RemainAfterExit=yes

[Install]
    WantedBy=multi-user.target

then  systemctl enable docker-wait-sharedfolders.service .
    Now Portainer is firing up after I reboot :) Thank you for all the tips!

• Hello sirs,

I am also having a similar problem as the users from the first page. I have cleaned apt and uninstalled, reinstalled, and moved the docker data directory to my data, non-OS, drive and DOCKER is installed. However, when I click "install Portainer", the only thing that happens is a dialogue box with the message: \
    arch :: arm64
    option :: portainer
    state :: install
    No portainer containers or images to remove.
    Done.

Rebooting, removing DOCKER, and trying to reinstalling DOCKER, then Portainer yield the same message, that Portainer does not get installed. I am not sure how to get Portainer installed. Any clues, sirs?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Install the latest omv-extras that I just uploaded (5.1.11) and it will give better output as to what is happening.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• @ryecoaaron an unrelated question. OMV 4 and prior allowed us to add user defined repos for applications not carried by the Debian repos. This has either been placed somewhere I can't find or has been removed. I know how to drop files in /etc/apt/sources.list.d .

Just wondering....am I lost or am I looking for something that no longer exists?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV 4 and prior allowed us to add user defined repos for applications not carried by the Debian repos. This has either been placed somewhere I can't find or has been removed. I know how to drop files in /etc/apt/sources.list.d .

Just wondering....am I lost or am I looking for something that no longer exists?

It no longer exists. I didn't like how the code worked (hard to maintain) and most people didn't use it. People had issues with the signing keys (finding them mostly) and those are mandatory with Debian 10 (unlike previous versions of Debian). With docker, it eliminates a large percentage of the need to add repos. I would like to think that most people who need to add a repo, can easily add the .list file.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!