Can't install/initiate Portainer on OMV5 / RPi 4

• Hi. I have OMV Extras v5.1.1, wich shows Docker as installed. When i try do install Portainer (by pressing the "Install Portainer" button), nothing happens. I only see the following dialog window:

"option :: portainer
    state :: install
    No portainer containers or images to remove.
    Done."

However, when I press the "Open Portainer web interface" button, it opens a tab on the browser with a "connection refused" result. I can't access Portainer. It would be nice to have a clue about what I coulf be doing wrong. Thanks!

• This is a common problem.
    You can see it here:

The best way is to install it manually.

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• Just for info.
    The last hour I did a brand new installation of OMV v5 (over Debian 10). With latest OMV5-extras I've installed docker and tried to install Portainer, but I didn't have access to the web interface. Even OMV showed me that Portainer was successful installed.
    Than I've tried cockpit and this worked perfect. I could open the Webinterface of cockpit.
    So the best way right now to use Portainer is to install it by hand (via command line)

Edit: sorry, but even installing Portainer by hand didn't work. I don't know what's going on here

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi. I have OMV Extras v5.1.1, wich shows Docker as installed. When i try do install Portainer (by pressing the "Install Portainer" button), nothing happens. I only see the following dialog window:

"option :: portainer
    state :: install
    No portainer containers or images to remove.
    Done."

After installation of docker the network interface is broken and DNS does not work.

Use omv-firstaid to reconfigure the network interface. After that installation of Portainer worked for me.

• Thanks for your help guys.

Reconfiguring the network interface through omv-firstaid didn't help me. Then I tried to install Portainer manually:

Code
    docker pull portainer/portainer
    docker volume create portainer_data
    docker run -d -p 9000:9000 -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock -v portainer_data:/data portainer/portainer

However, after the last command I got this message:
    docker: Error response from daemon: layer does not exist.See 'docker run --help'.

Is there something else I could check?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Don't know if it makes a difference.From:https://portainer.readthedocs.io/en/latest/deployment.htmldocker run -d -p 9000:9000 --name portainer --restart always -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock -v portainer_data:/data portainer/portainer

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks for the input man. I had already tried that, and just tried again, but no luck.

All your errors point to the same problem I was having except for the error output in your post 5, you could search for the error via google, or uninstall docker run an apt clean, then apt autoremove from the cli, then reinstall docker.

• With the command

Code
    omv-firstaid

I could fix the problem with the connection to the internet.
    But apt-clean didn't help. I've no access to the webinterface of Portainer. I've tried to install via OMV-GUI and also by hand. No connection to Portainer.
    The installation of Portainer didn't give any errors.
    So no clue what's going on.
    Cockpit runs fine.
    Really funny...

• Thanks, this is the message I get, when I run the command:

docker run portainer

Code
    root@OMV-Testsystem:/var/lib/docker/containers/46f8790ddbbf8aff3188b9b7c286d9a6bd1351a5a984bb9787203e0fd82a7eab# service docker restart
    root@OMV-Testsystem:/var/lib/docker/containers/46f8790ddbbf8aff3188b9b7c286d9a6bd1351a5a984bb9787203e0fd82a7eab# docker run portainer
    Unable to find image 'portainer:latest' locally
    docker: Error response from daemon: pull access denied for portainer, repository does not exist or may require 'docker login': denied: requested access to the resource is denied.
    See 'docker run --help'.
    root@OMV-Testsystem:/var/lib/docker/containers/46f8790ddbbf8aff3188b9b7c286d9a6bd1351a5a984bb9787203e0fd82a7eab#

Attached I've the log of the portainer-container. Maybe someone knows what's going on. I've installed Portainer described here

Dateien

• This is the output:

Code
    root@OMV-Testsystem:/var/lib/docker/containers/46f8790ddbbf8aff3188b9b7c286d9a6bd1351a5a984bb9787203e0fd82a7eab# docker container ls
    CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                 COMMAND             CREATED             STATUS                          PORTS               NAMES
    46f8790ddbbf        portainer/portainer   "/portainer"        22 minutes ago      Restarting (1) 30 seconds ago                       portainer

The status seems very wired to me. Because I didn't do anything the last 5 minutes (watching football right now)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Huberer ()

• My previous post was subjected to moderation (i don't know why), so let me try again.

OK, this is what I did now.

First, i ran service docker restart and BAM!, Portainer started! When I rebooted the machine, though, Portainer was not initialized. It only starts if i restart Docker service.

Then I uninstalled Portainer, uninstalled Docker, ran an  apt clean  (through GUI), then an  sudo apt-get autoremove (through bash). Btw,  sudo apt-get autoremove  didn't remove anynthing.

Now, I can't even install Docker through OMV Extras GUI. The error appears to be similar with the error I got when tried to install Cockpit. Here's the full log:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!