Setup Question. Appdata no such file or directory

• Offizieller Beitrag

And with very good reasons. A good number of even the experienced users have no idea of how Ohm's law relates to powering electronics, so I think leaving that subject out of a new users guide might have been a good idea. (I was contemplating putting something in there for R-PI users.)
    @calchef In my signature, below, you'll find links to doc's and How-To's. I think you may be beyond the new users guide but I can say, as you're finding, when working on the command line exacting attention to detail is important.

I'm assuming you picked up on the fact I was being facetious. :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

one tip you can use the tab key for auto-completion of possible files. If there are more than one possible options taking the tab key twice will give you the available files (i hope this explanation is understandable).

I thought about explaining autocomplete (I love it and use it all the time)... But didn't want him confused further at this point.

The reality is, due to the forward slash, autocomplete would not have worked... Which would have only furthered his confusion.

• And with very good reasons. A good number of even the experienced users have no idea of how Ohm's law relates to powering electronics, so I think leaving that subject out of a new users guide might have been a good idea. (I was contemplating putting something in there for R-PI users.)
    @calchef In my signature, below, you'll find links to doc's and How-To's. I think you may be beyond the new users guide but I can say, as you're finding, when working on the command line exacting attention to detail is important.

hey crashtest...thanks for the link, really appreciate that. And yes the exacting attention to detail is paramount, as i'm discovering.
    I feel like i'm going to start dreaming in DOS again like the old days.
    Not about to get into Ohms law yet, though familiar with it. A little much for little my pea brain right now. 8|

Having another issue now....
    I've gotten nextcloud installed, i think, but when i go to the GUI to create new account I get an error. Please see attachment below....

The only thing i'm not sure about is is the port. I'm just using the one from Technodad's video which is 3306. I know all my login info is correct for mariadb. i even went so far as to create a new user and password thinking i didn't have it right but still no go. I've also been writing everything down so i don't miss a detail and am at an impasse.

Anyone??? Pleaseeeeee.......Pulling out what's left of my hair!

• I thought about explaining autocomplete (I love it and use it all the time)... But didn't want him confused further at this point.
    The reality is, due to the forward slash, autocomplete would not have worked... Which would have only furthered his confusion.

Thanks guys, that is a good tip. And yes i'm easily confused after 2 days of this! :thumbup:

• Offizieller Beitrag

I feel like i'm going to start dreaming in DOS again like the old days.

The Linux shell (all of them) is like DOS on steroids. While OMV will allow you to avoid a lot of it and the repetition involved, the GUI is nothing more than a front end for the command line. (Just as it is with Windows and the Mac.) If you need to do something out of the ordinary, you'll be getting on the command line. (Just as it would be with Windows and the Mac.)

Having another issue now....
    I've gotten nextcloud installed, i think, but when i go to the GUI to create new account I get an error. Please see attachment below...

Sorry, I can't help you with this. (I don't use nextcloud.)
    Given the title of this thread, as it exists, it might be best to post this problem to a new thread with the right title/description.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!