Nextcloud Error trying to create Admin Acct

• So I followed TechnoDad's installation video and this is where i'm at now.
    the only thing i'm not sure about is the port number. i used the one in the video which is 3306, not referenced anywhere during the install. I wrote down everything as i went, so i know my username and password are not the problem for linking the database. I even went back and created a new username and password in mariadb and still have the same result.

I'm at a bit of a loss here so any help would be appreciated.
    thanks everyone.

• Offizieller Beitrag

3306 is for your mariadb. When you sign in for the first time it's how you tell nextcloud where to look for your database.

If you're following his tutorial, to get to it locally I believe its serverip:444

• Its possible that it's not working anymore due to docker updates. Create a docker network in cli docker network create my-net then use the docker network tab in the gui to link the two containers (nextcloud and nextclouddb) together.
    After that just type nextclouddb in the database field without any portnumber.

• well got one issue sorted out. went back to docker and checked the setup and the port number referenced in the video was not there. fixed that, double checked the other settings and everything looked good including the password.

so tried creating a admin account again and now i get access denied as seen in the screenshot below.

one thing that is a little confusing to me is that in the video he inputs the password spelled out "passone"
    which is what he used when going into shellinthebox and setting up the user. however, when setting up mariadb in OMV it was "pass1".

so, i had gone in and created another user which is what i was trying to setup the admin acct with.
    i also tried using the other username/password as well but neither one is working.

is there a conflict between the two users that i set up?

thoughts anyone?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!