Upgrade Plex media server version

• Hello

I'm a newbie with OMV, it's running on an Odroid HC2.

I installed Plex media server by the Plex plugin for OMV. So the Plex media server is version 1.12.1.4885. I would like to update this version, because it's an old one and I meet some troubles by using Plex media player, and with access from outside my network.

This is why I need help, if someone know good resources where to learn how I can replace this version by a newer one.

Thank you ✌️

• Offizieller Beitrag

Probably your best option is to use Docker and install Plex as a container in docker.

Why should you use or not use dockers
    Read also the rest of the thread.

[How-To] Install Plex Media Server (PMS) container using OMV and docker-compose
    There is also a video about installing Plex in Docker.

• Hi,
    I also have the Odroid HC1 and HC2. They are perfect as an Plex-Server. What I have done to upgrade to the actual version of Plex is to download the version for ARM achitecture ( its something like plexmediaserver_1.16.xxxxxxxxx_armhf.deb)
    Then i installed it on the console with :
    dpkg -i plexmediaserver_1.16.xxxxxxxxx_armhf.deb --force-all

• Hi,
    I also have the Odroid HC1 and HC2. They are perfect as an Plex-Server. What I have done to upgrade to the actual version of Plex is to download the version for ARM achitecture ( its something like plexmediaserver_1.16.xxxxxxxxx_armhf.deb)
    Then i installed it on the console with :
    dpkg -i plexmediaserver_1.16.xxxxxxxxx_armhf.deb --force-all

Hi, thank you for your answer. So what you did works well now?

I already tried to installed as root the package plexmediaserver_1.17.0.1812-5ee2fc50a_armhf.deb but I had an error.

Could you tell me which version exactly you arrived to install? And before did you disable the Plex plugin in OMV or did you keep it enable?

Odroid HC2 - armbian - OMV5 ✌️

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von brnltn ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!