Connect Harddrive Case via USB 3.0 to Raspi

• Hello,
    So I just built my Nas Server with a external case with 4TB HDDs and a Raspberry Pi 4. Now when I enter the Webgui to configure the Raid for those Drives, it doesnt list my drives because they are "unrelieable". They get external Power and Id like to connect them via USB 3.0 to my Raspberry. Is there any way I can bypass this warning?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Using USB drives for raid (especially on an arm board like the RPi) is a terrible idea hence the unreliable message. Why do you think you need raid with an RPi?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well, I read many articles about using a Pi as a Nas.

You can use it as a NAS without raid.

So is there a way of bypassing the warning or not?

Not from the web interface. You have to setup the raid array and filesystem from the command line. But I really advise against it. You can pool drives in other ways and redundancy on an arm board with usb drives is pointless.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Ok, so I dont connect like 4 random Usb drives to all usb slots of my pi and try to set up Raid. I have an external case with four 4TB HDDs and external power supply. I can connect this case via one usb 3 cable or one sata cable. So do you know how to set up the raid from the command line?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!