[NUT 4.0.13-1] OMV keeps sending notification email with nut service off

• Hi everybody,
    I've configurated NUT plugin to work with my Cyberpower. Configuration was quite simple, I have done it many times before on other systems and it works quite well, I have responses via nut client both in localhost (where OMV is installed) and in remote (same lan) system.

And I don't know why OMV notification system started to send email as following, despite I stopped nut service:

Subject: [deb-server.local] UPS notification from deb-server
    Body: Communications with the UPS cyberpower1@localhost cannot be established

Every 5 minutes it send about 15 emails in seconds. Now I turned off email service.

Someone have an idea why OMV keep sending emails? Where can I check... something?

Thanks!

• Body: Communications with the UPS cyberpower1@localhost cannot be established

I think the problem is that the Nut plugin cannot reach the UPS. Therefore these messages are generated repeatedly.

Check the connection to the UPS.

despite I stopped nut service:

There are two nut services. Maybe you stopped the wrong one.

Please see this post from me also: [Help!] Nut plugin - UPS-notifications are spamming my mailbox

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von cabrio_leo ()

• I think the problem is that the Nut plugin cannot reach the UPS. Therefore these messages are generated repeatedly.

Check the connection to the UPS.

The connection was fine, I was able to read the ups status both from localhost and another linux box in the same lan with upsc command.

There are two nut services. Maybe you stopped the wrong one.

Yes, nut-server and nut-client, and I stopped both but that didn't stop the emails.

I just restarted the email service in OMV and send a test email and it works, but I didn't have received any email from NUT service. I don't know if yesterday there was some process that hang up and keep sending email.
    Later in the afternoon I will enable NUT services again to check if everything works normally again.

Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von @Ciccius

I've configurated NUT plugin to work with my Cyberpower.

This may be a bit off topic. If so, could you open a new thread explaining a bit about your NUT utilization?

• What model of CyberPower
    • What driver in your setup
    • What server you are backing up
    • Any other details that might be helpful to get NUT up and running (for the novice).

I have looked at the NUT website and it all looks terribly outdated/unmaintained/unhelpful.

Thank you.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!