Scheduled job​ does not start automatically

• I got 2 daily Scheduled jobs they are working perfectly manually if I click run but does not do their job as Scheduled!!!
    I suspect maybe because I am using Root as user, so what should be inside the User field?

• Well so it is not that I am going to put every 23 hours 59 minutes instead of daily.
    Where should I input my email address?
    I found it but
    I input my google address but google block OMV saying it is not secure

• Offizieller Beitrag

I did but this is not the issue I believe, google knows I am sending an email but it is blocking it saying it is not secure

With gmail there is a setting you have to change or allow to get gmail to work, that is how I first it up, now I use my ISP's allocated email to send it to gmail using their smtp servers.

• Thank you took me a while how to find the setting in google but now I got swamped with two errors messages from cron

1 pihole not found I thought I removed it so
    How can I remove it properly ?

2 Status failed Service mountpoint_srv_dev-dis-by-label-Seagate
    I am sure I am not using this disk so how to remove this mount point also?

• Offizieller Beitrag

1 pihole not found I thought I removed it so
    How can I remove it properly ?

How was it installed, the last time I used Pi-Hole on OMV was in Docker, it's now on a Pi running independently

2 Status failed Service mountpoint_srv_dev-dis-by-label-Seagate
    I am sure I am not using this disk so how to remove this mount point also?

You'll need to edit /etc/openmediavault/config.xml and search for mnt this will locate <fstab> and <mntent> and remove the mount point from there.

• You'll need to edit /etc/openmediavault/config.xml

Hi @Nefertiti: Please make a backup copy of that file, before doing any manual changes.

You'll need to edit /etc/openmediavault/config.xml

Hi @geaves. Is it necessary to run a script command after changing config.xml?

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is it necessary to run a script command after changing config.xml?

Possibly, I remember doing this myself once due to an error of my own making, but if memory serves me correctly I just rebooted, but in this case this would change an entry in the fstab, would it be necessary to run omv-mkconf fstab after editing the xml. But good call on the backup before making changes, forgot that :(

• How was it installed, the last time I used Pi-Hole on OMV was in Docker, it's now on a Pi running independently
    Installed it inside OMV according @'raulfg3 [HOWTO] Install Pi-Hole' since docker never worked for me and on PI it after a while It become unstable

You'll need to edit /etc/openmediavault/config.xml and search for mnt this will locate <fstab> and <mntent> and remove the mount point from there.

I think I did that yesterday, now is not in XML but instead what is in the code below and I can see it in the file system as missing

Not sure it is related I am unable to create a share folder on a new SSD mounted and formatted ext4

Code
    rockpro64 systemd[1]: dev-disk-by\x2dlabel-Segate.device: Job dev-disk-by\x2dlabel-Segate.device/start timed out.
    Oct 30 00:07:27 rockpro64 systemd[1]: Timed out waiting for device dev-disk-by\x2dlabel-Segate.device.
    Oct 30 00:07:27 rockpro64 systemd[1]: Dependency failed for /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Segate.
    Oct 30 00:07:27 rockpro64 systemd[1]: srv-dev\x2ddisk\x2dby\x2dlabel\x2dSegate.mount: Job srv-dev\x2ddisk\x2dby\x2dlabel\x2dSegate.mount/start failed with result 'dependency'.
    Oct 30 00:07:27 rockpro64 systemd[1]: dev-disk-by\x2dlabel-Segate.device: Job dev-disk-by\x2dlabel-Segate.device/start failed with result 'timeout'
  • There is a time out message related to a Seagate drive. Is the drive carefully connected (data & power supply)? Check connection.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• There is a time out message related to a Seagate drive. Is the drive carefully connected (data & power supply)? Check connection.

Trust me this drive is not available anymore it has been reformatted and rename it.

-----------------------

Anyway I fixed it by editing the XML
    still two Issues
    Pi-hole not completely deleted.
    and unable to create new or additional shared folder even on drives with shared folders already there I might create a new thread for visibility

• How was it installed, the last time I used Pi-Hole on OMV was in Docker, it's now on a Pi running independently

To get back to this. I removed the mnt point in config.xml, so this fine I cannot see it in disk or file system but in the log I am getting tons of warning about the missing drive
    So how Can I stop this?

• Offizieller Beitrag

The output from the above is similar to your post 12 but this makes no sense;
    Device /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Segate not found in /etc/mtab

mtab?

srv-dev\x2ddisk\x2dby\x2dlabel\x2dSegate.mount: Job srv-dev\x2ddisk\x2dby\x2dlabel\x2dSegate.mount/start failed with result 'dependency'.
    Timed out waiting for device dev-disk-by\x2dlabel-Segate.device.

The above the same, makes no sense, it would suggest when this drive was in use it was being referenced by something and that reference be it a share or software has not been removed correctly before the drive was removed.

• Do not worry I fixed it after reading a post from @ryecoaaron in cli I typed

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!