Uninstalling wpasupplicant uninstalled OMV

• When doing updates I saw that there were a lot of unneeded firmware updates for wireless hardware that this machine doesn't have (it's a lenovo desktop) and furthermore wouldn't even see because I just installed it into a proxmox VM (so it has the minimal hardware required). I figured from reading another thread How to remove unused firmware packages from Updates that I could just remove them using apt-get remove <nonexistant hardware firmware> and everything was going great until I got to the last package wpasupplicant. when i did that it removed openmediavault and everything that went with it.

Why would OMV list wpasupplicant as a dependency?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why would OMV list wpasupplicant as a dependency?

OMV is able to configure wireless adapters in the web interface and requires wpasupplicant to do that.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess wireless adaptor config is part of the networking interface and not a separate plug in.

Yep. Kinda wish it was a plugin because I don't want that wireless stuff on my systems either.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Saw this too late... and stepped on the same rake. Thank god for making me smart and have backups in place. One of those cases when a solid backup strategy saves the day.

Alternative to getting rid of wpasupplicant is to disable (or mask) its service:

Code
    $ systemctl disable wpa_supplicant.service --now
    # or
    $ systemctl mask wpa_supplicant.service

Hope this helps someone.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!