Import firewall rules from previous OMV4 installation in OMv4

• Hi,

Is it possible to import firewall rules from a previous OMV4 installation into OMV4?
    If yes, how can I do this and what do I need to do to make it possible for a future install.

Thanks in advance.

John.

• Export- and import-capabilities of OMV are very limited - there are ... none. The /etc/openmediavault/config.xml file can be used for reference purpose and screen shots can be made.
    Maybe you can copy and paste the relevant section of the config.xml file to another system. First make a backup. Then probably you have to execute omv-mkconf with the right parameter, which I don´t know.

There were several requests in the past to introduce such a function, but all have been rejected.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von cabrio_leo ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!