Export & Import 'Scheduled Jobs' ?

• Hi Everyone,

I am looking to install another copy of OMV 4 on my new RPI4. Currently l am running OMV 4 on my Rock64 and have 20 or so 'Scheduled Jobs' listed in OMV.

Question: Is there a way to export the scheduled jobs that l can then reimport back into OMV once on l have this running on my new RPI4?

I have gone into the /etc/cron.d/ and have copied the 'openmediavault-userdefined' file and have restored this back into the same folder within the RPI4 however OMV 4 do not show these within the OMV scheduled jobs section?

I would greatly appreciate any advice as it would be a pain to retype all of these jobs along with their their comments etc.

Thanks in advance!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have gone into the /etc/cron.d/ and have copied the 'openmediavault-userdefined' file and have restored this back into the same folder within the RPI4 however OMV 4 do not show these within the OMV scheduled jobs section?

That will never work, omv has an internal db. Don't ask about moving this db to another system doesn't work properly unfortunately there is no config restore option. You can inspect the db is just xml, and paste the corresponding cron section into the new pi4 config.xml cron section, first make a backup. After pasting the jobs should show in the webui

Then just run omv-mkconf cron and jobs should show in /etc/cron.d

internal tools like omv-confdbadm can only modify read or delete db entries.

Please don't assume this works for everything else in omv, for cron works ok other stuff no

• Sorry, newbie question is the command that l type once l have made the adjustments:

omv-mkconf cron

or

omv-mkconf

Not sure if you had accidently missed a comma when you had responded :)

Thank you

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!