What is the difference between OMV shared folders and windows, synology shared folders?

• From the TV player, the first two can't be accessed, and Synology can do it.

Some TV players, multimedia players etc. support only SAMBA SMB V1 protocol. This is disabled in newer OMV versions. With the CLI command testparm you can check in the global section which Samba protocols are supported by OMV.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes, that could be a reason. The TV client is limited to using an old version of SMB that is disabled in OMV but perhaps enabled in Raspbian and Synology.

If that is the case then either an update of the TV client or enabling the old SMBv1 protocol in OMV should fix it.

But as I understand it Microsoft has ended support for SMBv1 for security reasons and it should not be used any longer. Problems with ransomware and so on. On a home LAN it might be OK?

Perhaps there is an update available for the TV client?

• Some TV players, multimedia players etc. support only SAMBA SMB V1 protocol. This is disabled in newer OMV versions. With the CLI command testparm you can check in the global section which Samba protocols are supported by OMV.

Thank you for your reply. That is great help.

I need to learn how to make samba support SMB1.

• I add this option in raspberrypi smb.conf . It did not work neither.

It is necessary to restart the Samba service after the change. A reboot does the same.

If also this does not help .... ?(

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von cabrio_leo ()

• It is necessary to restart the Samba service after the change. A reboot does the same.
    If also this does not help .... ?(

That parameter is not helpful for my TV player.Windows does not support SMB1 by default. My TV player cannot access the sharing of Windows computers under the default settings. But after I turned on the SMB1 service on Windows, the TV player can access it.But I tried to add this parameter on both OMV and RaspberryPi, but none of them improved.I searched the internet, but nothing progressed.

• But after I turned on the SMB1 service on Windows, the TV player can access it

This at least clarifies that the TV player needs SMB1.

Nevertheless I´m out of ideas.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

• @jason2019

You edit sudo nano /etc/samba/smb.conf on OMV, then write under global as the last line: min protocol = SMB1

reboot or sudo systemctl restart smbd.service

If that does not work you should also add these lines to smb.conf under global:

Code
    ntlm auth = yes
    lanman auth = yes
    raw NTLMv2 auth = yes

[LibreELEC @ 2x RPi3, CoreELEC @ S12 Octa Core]

[ NAS OMV 5.xx (Usul) @ NanoPI M4 ]

[ Nextcloud 18.0.4 @ ODROID C2 ]

[ Motioneye @ RPi4]

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Aux ()

• You edit sudo nano /etc/samba/smb.conf on OMV, then write under global as the last line: min protocol = SMB1

You should not edit /etc/samba/smb.conf directly. This file is rewritten by OMV when a share configuration is changed by the OMV WebUI later. Then all former manual changes are gone.
    All such modifications shall be done by the "extra options" field in the CIFS/SMB settings.

min protocol = SMB1

Regaring to the Samba documentation it should be "min protocol = NT1". Does "min protocol = SMB1" also work?

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

• You should not edit /etc/samba/smb.conf directly. This file is rewritten by OMV when a share configuration is changed by the OMV WebUI later. Then all former manual changes are gone. All such modifications shall be done by the "extra options" field in the CIFS/SMB settings.

Oh, you're right, of course, I had not thought that far. I went straight from Debian.

Zitat von cabrio-leo

Regaring to the Samba documentation it should be "min protocol = NT1". Does "min protocol = SMB1" also work?

min protocol = SMB2 works but if SMB1 works I'm not sure, tasting costs nothing ;)

[ Motioneye @ RPi4]

• Good news, my TV player is working with the RaspberryPi shared folder after I add the three line to smb.conf file and restart samba.

• ntlm auth = yes
    • lanman auth = yes
    • raw NTLMv2 auth = yes

Big thanks to Aux.

• Would the option be to add min protocol=SMB1 to the Extra options in Advanced settings in SMB/CIFS.

I would say it should be min protocol=NT1.

If you enter this lines to the Extra options in Advanced settings of SMB/CIFS it should also work with OMV.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would say it should be min protocol=NT1.

Ah, that got me thinking from another thread, ntlm auth = yes was the solution there.

Adding @Aux suggestions to the Extras option makes sense as these will not be overwritten by an update.

Going back to 'you know who' he also didn't advocate using 'anachronistic settings' just to facilitate older tech :)

• Going back to 'you know who' he also didn't advocate using 'anachronistic settings' just to facilitate older tech

:D Joker!
    It always depends on the individual case and in which environment this is used.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

• :D Joker!It always depends on the individual case and in which environment this is used.

That's right, there is no other option if the old technology knows nothing else ;)

[ Motioneye @ RPi4]

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!