letsencrypt timeout during connect

• I'm at my end with letsencrypt. I really want this to work, but just can't get it to connect ("Timeout during connect (likely firewall problem)"), and I don't know what else I can do. I'd really appreciate any help.

Here's the configuration:

- The domain name (johnzilliox.com) is registered with Namecheap.com. The A record is assigned to my IP address.
    - The router has port forwarding configured for 80 and 443 to the OMV server.
    - When I change the OMV web UI to port 80 or 443, it's externally accessible at johnzilliox.com:80 and johnzilliox.com:443
    - Because of the problem with selecting a network, I'm creating the container from CLI:
    TDL Let's Encrypt tutorial --network error
    I can't use personal network on webGUI (--network my-net)
    - Here are the commands I'm using to create the container:

- Here's the output from the log:

To me, the fact that I can reach OMV when its on 80 and 443 means that it shouldn't be a communication issue between letsencrypt and the server. Again, I'd really appreciate any kind of help here. Thanks

• The only thing in the config which I'm not sure about is the config folder of your container. Maybe try a foldername without a space or '. Maybe just letsencrpt. Some people also said they had problem with using the sharedfolder-path and recommend using the /srv/dev-disk-by-label-diskname/.

To further troubleshoot you could try out another dns-service (e.g. duckdns) to narrow down if its some problem with your dns service.

• The only thing in the config which I'm not sure about is the config folder of your container. Maybe try a foldername without a space or '. Maybe just letsencrpt. Some people also said they had problem with using the sharedfolder-path and recommend using the /srv/dev-disk-by-label-diskname/.

Good idea, but that didn't change anything. I changed the data directory path to '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-SSD03/containers/letsencrypt'. Even when it was "Let\'s\ Encrypt", the app was able to write to the directory. It was worth a shot though, thanks.

I believe I'm using the default ISP DNS (RCN). I'll try changing that next - don't have any other ideas of what could be the issue.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!