OMV4 with SATA PCI-e adapter doesn't boot

• Hello,

I make a new OMV 4.19 NAS on a optiplex 390. My nas works very well with only 2 SATA harddrives: one SSD with the OMV system and other one with datas.
    Now, I want to add a new SATA datas harddrive but my motherboard has only 2 SATA slots.

So, I bought 2 differents SATA adapter (PCI-E X1) with the same effect: As I physicaly attached a SATA drive on the card adapter and reboot the NAS, my NAS doesn't want boot anymore (GRUB doesn't launch).
    I precise, if I attach the SATA drive AFTER the boot, there is no problem! I can see and mount the drive from the Web GUI or SSH.

My Sata adapters are:
    - Marvel 88SE9125 rev1.1 (Hightpoint Rocket 620)
    - ASMEDIA ASM1061

I performed this installation:

Bash
    echo "deb http://deb.debian.org/debian stretch-backports main contrib non-free" >> /etc/apt/sources.list
    apt-get update
    apt-cache search linux-image-4
    apt-get -t stretch-backports install linux-image-4.19.0-0.bpo.5-amd64 firmware-linux-free

Do you know why my NAS doesn't want to boot with a disk physically attached to my SATA adapter?
    I think there is probably a way to boot by changing "/etc/fstab" but I don't know how to proceed...

Code
    UUID=c3e88598-d1f6-4e96-bbb2-2b6464bad04d / ext4 errors=remount-ro 0 1
    # swap was on /dev/sda5 during installation
    UUID=1f701467-a02d-4128-837a-a859b0c01449 none swap sw 0 0
    /dev/sr0 /media/cdrom0 udf,iso9660 user,noauto 0 0
    tmpfs /tmp tmpfs defaults 0 0
    # >>> [openmediavault]
    /dev/disk/by-label/Seagate4To /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Seagate4To ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2
    # <<< [openmediavault]

Thanks for any help :)

• Thank you but it seems it's a more a software issue with grub or something like that because I have the same issue when I test with DVD drive and the first data HD drive disconnected.
    My second HD drive consummes only 2.5W. Any other idea?

• Hello Macom,

I succefully run a update-grub as mentioned but no more change after a reboot.

Eventually, I run boot-info-script after the grub update: bootinfo result

How to debug/trace my boot sequence? Because I think my grub doesn't launch at all when my second hard drive is attached to my sata adapter. Why? I don't know but if a get a log I will performed a more precise search.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!