Adding network printer fails

• Hi,

I got my hands on an old HP Laserjet 6P, it's working perfect with my Linux system. But, as you perhaps now, new Windows system do not provide drivers for such "old" hardware anymore, and I was thinking of using one of my OMVs as print server and provide it to the Windows box as a generic printer using CUPS (don't know if this would work, but hey, why not give it a try?) So, I've installed and enabled the CUPS plugin. I was able to find my printer in the GUI, and since OMV is Linux-based there's of course a perfect driver for it. But, when I click "Finish" in the last box the following error message pops up:

Error #0:
    OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; omv-cups-avahi 2>&1' with exit code '1': Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/sbin/omv-cups-avahi", line 298, in <module>
    files.append(genPrinterService(p, v, False))
    File "/usr/sbin/omv-cups-avahi", line 120, in genPrinterService
    port_no = self.port
    NameError: global name 'self' is not defined in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175
    Stack trace: (...)

The printer has a Centronics interface which is connected to a HP Jet Direct box which is connected to my LAN, turning the printer into a network one. Any ideas why it's not possible to add the printer in OMV?

Thanks and have a nice hackin',

Harald

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!