Accessing sharedfolders

• First, I'm completely new to linux, although for the most part I've been able to figure out most things fairly quickly. The main problem that I am having that severely limits what I am able to do is access to the sharedfolders. I just installed OMV about a week ago, and have been working with Dockers; i.e. Radarr, Sonarr, filebot, mediaelch, etc. I need these programs to access my video and recorded tv library which I have as shared folders. I can configure none of them to access my sharedfolders. When I navigate to shared folders I can see the sharedfolders directory and all of it's sub-directories (I know I'm probably not speaking the linux language with all my terminology) but when I'm in Sonarr for example, and I am adding folders I can not see them, only what appears to me as a basic directory infrastructure. I have gone into CHOWN and changed all permissions from root to me, I have tried every conceivable method of PUID and PGID within each program, I have added SUDO to my user profile, and these programs absolutely will not see the sharedfolders. I'm about to wipe my install and start all over again, but I really don't want to do that. One thing that may be an issue is that I log in as the admin that I used to load. The profile that I created using my name I never use because when I try to access it there is nothing there.

• Offizieller Beitrag

One thing that may be an issue is that I log in as the admin that I used to load.

You can only log in to the web gui as admin nothing else will work.

Docker;

Your explanation sort of makes sense ?( what might be helpful is some screenshots, I take it you have followed the videos in the guides section :?: the option /sharefolders is not a good idea you are better served to use /srv

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

• The mistake you are making is that when using dockers, references to file systems are relative to the container. In order to "connect" to a filesystem external to the container you must first set up a volume or bind mount that associates a Host Path to a Container Path.

Using Sonarr as an example the docker Container Path /tv would be associated with the docker system Host Path directory that contains all your TV show subdirectories, season directories and individual episode files.

Then within the Sonarr web interface you would use /tv/some-tv-show as the path to tell Sonarr where the files for that series are.

As for the OMV web interface, only the admin user has access to all the settings, ordinary users you create yourself have no rights there and will not see the full menu.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Thanks everyone for your responses. Through a combination of your responses I came to realize that I configured my setup incorrectly and really needed to back up and regroup. I'm guessing I could have done that with the current install, but decided to reinstall and start fresh. That process brought on a new set of problems with the mirrors not working, for which I have a new post. This thread is resolved however. Thanks for your responses.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!