Videos Begin Renamed

• Hey guys im trying to find a way to stop my media server from renaming my video files to Evo iv looking on google but nothing came up with my issue if anyone know how to fix this issue i would be thankful

my setup is a raspberry pi 3b+ using .openmediavault +plugin minidlna

• Too less information and too difficult to read.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sure!

Just turn off the media server. That should stop it renaming your files. However I can't give detailed instructions on how to turn it off, because i don't know what media server you are using. But if you turn off the main power to your house or flat, that should fix it! Or, possibly, if it is battery powered, just remove the batteries. If everything else fails, carefully put the media server in a bucket of water. ;)

(It might be helpful with a little more information. What is your setup? What media server are you using? How are the files renamed? When are they renamed?)

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is just wild guessing based on almost no information at all. I have no idea if this is relevant:

You have a share or folder somewhere named "EVO" or something similar. Possibly on a Samsung EVO SSD? And you have somewhere tried to request that files are to be moved/copied there. The name might be longer, only containing "EVO" somewhere in the name or the path.

Perhaps you have made a mistake when you wrote in the path/folder. So instead of moving files to the folder, the files are renamed to the "EVO" part of the name.

This is a common problem when you use paths and filenames containing spaces. Then strange things can happen. For instance, instead of moving files to the folder "/path/EVO 960", the files are renamed to /path/EVO. Because there is no folder called EVO. Only one called "EVO 960". Or "Samsung EVO". Or something similar.

If this seems relevant, then the fix might be to add "quotes" to the paths containing spaces and/or changing the folders/paths/filenames to not include any spaces at all. Use_underscore_instead_of_spaces.

And if this is spot on, I am going out and to buy a lottery ticket.

• the only thing i have on the system is a usb that's a samsung and 1 micro sd that inst a evo it was a fresh install " i dd the updates on update management" and the only plugin i have is minidlna

soo all i did was install the image to the sd upadate the updates then install minidlna then make a shared folder for nas and dlna thats all iv done

so i copy the files to the usb with a network to the usb

if i have made a mistake how can i fix it it was all done with OMV

i have no issue going on discord to show you guys what iv done

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you use the text fragment "EVO" somewhere? As part of the name of a share or disk or something? Does that name also include spaces before or after "EVO"? Then that might be the cause of your problems. The text "EVO" must come from somewhere. And most likely that is close to the cause of the problem.

You might fix this by using another name that doesn't contain spaces or other pɹᴉǝʍ characters.

• Is the file actually being renamed? Or is the media server simply displaying the name based on metadata? Pretty sure EVO is a release group and it's probably pulling it from the file metadata.

Also, you could probably use permissions to ensure that your media server only has read-only access to your files.

• on 3 tvs it shows up as Evo yet on usb it shows the real name
    and in the text

here it is
    UglyDolls.mp4=@UglyDolls,0
    Pokemon Detective.mp4=@Pokemon Detective Pikachu,0
    Scooby Doo and the Curse of the 13th Ghost.mp4= Scooby Doo and the Curse of the 13th Ghost,0
    Scooby-Doo Return to Zombie Island.mp4= Scooby-Doo Return to Zombie Island,0
    Toy Story 4.mp4=@Toy Story 4,0

nothing says evo

but ill see if its read only

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!