Problem install OMV4 Raspberry Pi 4

• Good morning, I've been trying to install omv 4 on my new raspberry pi 4 for several days but it's impossible for me. I have searched for information on this forum and the network but nothing I prove solves my problem. I don't know what I can do wrong. The steps I follow are the following:

- Download omv from the following link
    - Copy the image to an sd card with the Balena Etcher software.
    - I insert the sd into the raspberry, I connect network cable and power
    - I wait until the green LED stops blinking
    - I locate the ip assigned to the raspberry from my router
    - I try to access via web and I get the message "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED".

I have tried with 3 different sd cards, assigning fixed ip by dhcp, with several network cables and in several ports of my router. I have also tried to install Hassio on the raspberry and I had no problems so the raspberry works well. What else can I try ?. Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Another option to try OMV5 there is a guide here I know this works because I have tried this on Pi 3B+ if you go down that route download the new user guide in the guides section, you have to make some changes if you intend on using docker, if your not sure come back here.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ping always works every time. If I can't make version 4 work, I will have to try 5. Thank you for your time.

Then the problem is the SD Card which is usually the case, the OMV5 guide has information on how to test it.

• I have tested at work and the process has worked correctly. I don't understand why it fails in my house. My router assigns ip by dhcp without problems to all my devices (more than 20)...

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have tested at work and the process has worked correctly. I don't understand why it fails in my house. My router assigns ip by dhcp without problems to all my devices (more than 20)...

It's assigning an ip at home as you can ping the address and get a reply, it could be at home it's not getting the update information that is required. If the install completes and is accessible at work via the GUI then there has to something going wrong with the network or internet at home.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have tested at work and the process has worked correctly. I don't understand why it fails in my house. My router assigns ip by dhcp without problems to all my devices (more than 20)...

No, it doesn't. It fails in at least one case. As evidenced by your own description.

I suggest you go over the network and check the DHCP - server carefully. Scan the network with nmap or something similar. You may have some static IP overlap with the DHCP range, for instance.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If I can't make version 4 work, I will have to try 5.

When using this install process and if you plan to use Docker in OMV5; after the CLI reboot; you'll need to configure your network settings in the GUI before installing Docker.

This will mean assigning the wired Ethernet interface (it doesn't exist in the GUI by default) and configuring it. For clarity, I'll be adding a few extra bits to the install process for configuring the network. If not sooner, this should be added by the end of today.

• I believe I am having the same issue with DHCP. I'm using PiHole for my DHCP and DNS. It works fine for the 20-30 other devices on my network but there must be some quirk that I'm running into.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!