mergerfs and shared folders

• Hi all,

Got an issue and a question about mergerfs.

First up, I'm running OMV 5.05 installed on a VM inside Proxmox 6. I've currently got two Seagate 3TB drives passed through to the OMV VM.

I've successfully created a mergerfs filesystem, but am having problems creating multiple mergerfs filesystems on the same two drives.

As the attached screenshots will show, I can create more than one, but when I go to share them in "shared folders" section, they all come up with the same name! I've tried destroying them and re-creating, but the same issue occurs.

My questions:

1. Has anyone else encountered this? Or know how to fix it?

2. I guess I could just create multiple shared folders within the single mergerFS (thus ignoring but not solving the original issue), what would be the upsides/downsides of doing it this way instead?

Any thoughts would be great :)

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

The current idea of the unionfilesystems plugin is to pool filesystems. It has never really made much sense to me to pool folders but people have asked for it. So, it will end up in the plugin sometime.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The current idea of the unionfilesystems plugin is to pool filesystems. It has never really made much sense to me to pool folders but people have asked for it. So, it will end up in the plugin sometime.

Thanks for you answer Ryecoaarn, but that's not quite my problem.

I'm
    asking if I'm meant to be able to create multiple mergerFS filesystems
    on the same disks? It lets me do it, but then the "share folders" tab
    of OMV is showing them all with the same name, even though I have named
    them differently.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm
    asking if I'm meant to be able to create multiple mergerFS filesystems
    on the same disks? It lets me do it, but then the "share folders" tab
    of OMV is showing them all with the same name, even though I have named
    them differently.

Actually, it is what I was saying. All the folders on all the disks are pooled but you still want another pool. This is what I don't understand. But back to the problem. You are creating the exact same pools but OMV can't tell the difference between the pools. If you check the boxes for pool disks in a different order for each pool, then it will think they are different disk because the plugin knows which order you click the checkboxes. And the change to the plugin to allow folders to be pooled would allow you to add just the folders you want to make the pools you want instead of identical pools.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!