Does OMV work better on Armbian or Raspbian on Raspberry Pi 4B?

• I used this image for my Raspberry Pi 4B and I notice it uses Armbian which I never heard of. All my other Pis use Raspbian and I'd like to keep it the same so it can be consistent w/ updates and packages as I'd like to eventually use Ansible to manage my devices.
    Is there any particular advantages of OMV on Armbian?
    Would it run just as well if I flash Raspbian and then manually install OMV?

• Offizieller Beitrag

WIth OMV 5.x, I recommend using Raspbian Lite (not the full image with the desktop environment!) on all RPis and installing OMV using my script. Since Armbian doesn't really support the RPi family, I think Raspbian Lite is a better choice. I spent a lot of time making sure the script does the right things to make sure OMV works well on it (especially the RPi4). Here is the guide - https://forum.openmediavault.o…-Armbian-Supported-SBC-s/

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!