9211-8i HBA not detected after installation

• Greetings,

I'm building my first OMV server. I'm using an LSI SAS 9211-8i HBA flashed to IT mode. BIOS version is 19. I have 2 WD RED 2TB drives attached. During the installation, OMV showed at least 1 of the drives attached as an installation option. I installed to my SSD and upon rebooting, Debain/OMV throws an MPT2SAS modprobe failed error and there re no dirves available under the drives menu in OMV.

Troubleshooting to this point:

• The LSI card works fine. Ive been using it for three years and it was purchased new. I also flashed it IT mode when purchased.
    • The drives are visible in the LSI BIOS and the BIOS is asccessible upon boot.
    • I can boot the the server using Windows 10 and another linux distro (Rockstore wich is CentOS based) and both detect the controller/drives without issue.

I tried searching the forums and net but didn't come up with anything that gets me past the modprobe issue at bootup. All help is appreciated.

System hardware:

• MSI AM1 MB
    • AMD Athlon 5150 CPU
    • 4 GB RAM
    • PNY 120GB SSD
    • LSI 9211-8i
    • 2 WD Red 2TB Drives
  • I was able to load the driver using modprobe. At least it ran without an error. But the gui never showed any drives. I used the refresh button on the drive screen but none showed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Thanks, I was researching how to do that lat night. I'm going to hook my SSD to the LSI so all drives on it and try to install again (I wiped it for the rockstor test) If that fails I'll put the SSD back on the built in sata and try this method. :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!