Read ext4 qnap drive my OMV HP server

• Hello there from france!

First post in this forum, I'm running OMV since few days on a Proliant microserver Gen10, I'm more a windows guy, that's why I choose omv, but now I'm stucked
    I have an old Qnap TS-412 in which I plugged a drive, formated with ext4 and copied over all my data.
    When I mount it in OM & create share folder it's fine, but I can't see any data on it, but the disk free space show me it's there hidden, like if I wasn't allowed to see them.
    I tried to change ACL, but same issue.

How could I solve this, google research didn't help much ?

Thank you for your help :)

HPE MicroServer Gen10 X3216 - 3 x 2To WD Blue raid 5 - OMV 4

• Did you see your data via Terminal (WinSCP /FileZilla,...)? The data disks should be mounted unter /srv path. You can also check /mnt.

It is always good to have a direct file access to the OMV installation drive.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Hello,

Thank you for your reply, OMV is installed on an SSD, and I have a separate disk for my data I switch back between my nas and the microserver.
    It's that dedicated disk I can't see my files with omv

• OMV is installed on an SSD, and I have a separate disk for my data

Yes, but also the separate data disk must be mounted anywhere, usually under /srv/<UUID>. This is only a test to be sure that the data is available locally. You should connect to the OMV´s file system by e.g. WinSCP and check, if you data is available under /srv.

The next step would be to check, why the data can´t be seen by SMB/CIFS Samba share.

This is only a suggestion.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• You're right, I managed to access my data with ubuntu live cd, omv only mounted the new share folder, not the partition root.
    With ubuntu I managed to copy everything I need, so much easier than OMV with no file explorer by default !

Thanks for your help :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!