Cannot update Network error

• I went to update management I selected the update got

From that in OMV extra tried apt clean and apt get update got

In Cli
    ping: google.com: Temporary failure in name resolution
    the only think I had pihole installed not in docker) before, and since I removed it, maybe this is the issue, but I must say I can access Omv or emby from outside without issue
    how can I fix it ?

• Well by digging aroud I think it was a dns problem so far I fixed it by editing resolv.conf in etc
    my name server was nameserver 127.0.0.1
    now it is 1.1.1.1
    but I am pretty sure it wont stick to a reboot
    since this is on the page
    # Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by resolvconf(8)
    # DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN

So how to get DNS to stay?
    Resolved
    I found this and it is working now!
    https://www.tecmint.com/set-pe…servers-in-ubuntu-debian/

• I am quite sure that PIHole may have an impact on the DNS configuration.

Did you check the DNS server address in the network configuration of OMVs WebUI? Normally it is not necessary to edit configuration files to set a DNS address. And also not recommended (apart from exceptional cases) because OMV can overwrite them with the next configuration change.

tecmint.com/set-permanent-dns-nameservers-in-ubuntu-debian/

Btw: Did you read the comments to this article too?

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you check the DNS server address in the network configuration of OMVs WebUI?

:thumbup: the simplest way to fix it is to add a public dns to network interfaces even if you're running dhcp, why? I don't know but having experimented with this having pi-hole as the dns on the network a public dns for OMV is the solution.

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!