502 Bad Gateway in web interface

• Solved sort of....
    I ended up installing OMV5 from scratch on a new VM and redoing the config. I wanted to try and fix the existing omv install but I couldn't find any info specific to my issue, and I didn't have enough time in the day to do extensive debugging. Further more considering OMV5 is still being tested, and previous instructions that OMV3 > OMV4 requires a fresh install I figured I better as well bite the bullet. FYI for anyone else running OMV + snapraid + mergerfs, the process to move everything over was really simple. The broken OMV install was working fine other than the web GUI so I was able to SSH in and look at config files when needed.

While the broken OMV VM was running, I spun up a new Debian Buster VM and installed OMV 5 following this guide - Install OMV5 on Debian 10 (Buster) OMV 5.x (development).
    Then I installed omv-extras 5 using the guide here - OMV-Extras.org Plugin

After that it was the typical process of setting up snapraid, mergerfs, creating users, and shares. This whole time the broken OMV install was running, but before I enabled the CIFS and NFS shares I shut down the broken OMV VM, assigned its IP to the OMV5 VM in my router, and then rebooted the OMV5 VM. After this I enabled the CIFS and NFS shares and all my other devices picked up the shares like nothing had changed.

One thing I remember to do this time, I took a snapshot of the VM after everything was setup so when I do eventually break this again I can just revert to the backup.

Original Post

Upgraded to OMV 5.0 because I like testing stuff. Everything was working fine after the update but then after a reboot I lost access to the web gui. Everything else on OMV is running, I can SSH, snapraid, the cifs and nfs shares all work.

So far I've tried the commands below

Code
    sudo omv-salt deploy run nginx

The result runs fine and installs nginx and configures it without any issues. I can't post the log of that here because its too long.

Then I did

Code
    sudo omv-salt deploy run php-fpm

but the results are 'state php-fpm does not exist'
    I've also tried php7.0-fpm, php, and -php7.0

I've restarted nginx which works fine but the web interface is still giving me a 502.

The results of dpkg -l | grep openm is

Code
    ii  openmediavault                                              5.0.10-1                            all          openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-diskstats                                    5.0-1                               all          OpenMediaVault disk monitoring plugin
    ii  openmediavault-duplicati                                    4.0                                 all          openmediavault duplicati plugin
    ii  openmediavault-keyring                                      1.0                                 all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-lvm2                                         5.0.1-1                             all          OpenMediaVault Logical Volume Manager (LVM2) plugin
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg                                 5.1.1                               all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    iF  openmediavault-snapraid                                     5.0.1                               all          snapraid plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii  openmediavault-unionfilesystems                             5.0                                 all          Union filesystems plugin for OpenMediaVault.

Doing apt install -f keeps erroring out whwn the snapraid plugin tries to update.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!