Mounting remote NFS share in OMV

• Hi all,

I'm currently running OMV in a VM on Proxmox, and I'd like to mount an NFS share to OMV that's being served directly from the Proxmox box. I'd like to do this so I can use this mount to store docker config files in case my OMV VM dies for whatever reason.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

• Offizieller Beitrag

The remotemount plugin hasn't been ported to OMV 5.x yet.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any idea when it might be ported?

When I have time. Hopefully before OMV 5.x is officially released.

Any other way to do this?

Sure. Create an nfs entry in fstab outside of the openmediavault tags, mount it, create a shared folder on any drive, and then bind mount the nfs mount to the shared folder's path.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I just installed OMV5 on a Pi 4 and wanted to move my files from my old NAS to OMV. I came across the remote plugin and that it isnt available in OMV5 yet.

Sure. Create an nfs entry in fstab outside of the openmediavault tags, mount it, create a shared folder on any drive, and then bind mount the nfs mount to the shared folder's path.

Can you explain more detailed how to do that?

Or would you advise me to set up OMV4 even though it is also beta for the Pi 4 and OMV5 should be relesed soon?

Just to be clear.. My other NAS is a Zyxel NSA320 which isn't running OMV. I enabled NFS via a plug in. And it has two drives with RAID1 bult in

• Offizieller Beitrag

If your Zyxel can do rsync, I would use that. Otherwise, mount the Zyxel's nfs share on your system and copy the files using the command line or midnight commander (mc).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!