IP address not showing up correctly OMV5

• Offizieller Beitrag

For some reason the IP address that shows up in the terminal is off by one most of the time.

Only by one you're lucky, you know the windows auto negotiation ip, well I've seen that on omv as well :) usually a reboot seems to sort it out as well as setting a static ip.
    I've shut down my test machine for now and I shall be in no rush to move to OMV5 :)

• For some reason the IP address that shows up in the terminal is off by one most of the time.

Do you have an OMV configuration with more than one LAN card, all active at the same time?

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Offizieller Beitrag

I fear this can't be fixed somehow.

I would remove it. Just add a script to /etc/update-motd.d that will show ip address on login of any user or recommend typing: ip a to get it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would remove it. Just add a script to /etc/update-motd.d that will show ip address on login of any user or recommend typing: ip a to get it.

But the MOTD is only displayed after login. This is not helpful if you simply want to see the IP addresses after bootup. Think about a headless setup where the user doesn't know the IP address. In this case he simply has to plug a monitor. For MOTD he also needs to plug a keyboard and log in.

A better solution would be to check if systemd has a feature to update a unit after an event occurs, e.g. IP address changes. Something like already exists for .mount unit files.

• Offizieller Beitrag

But the MOTD is only displayed after login. This is not helpful if you simply want to see the IP addresses after bootup. Think about a headless setup where the user doesn't know the IP address. In this case he simply has to plug a monitor. For MOTD he also needs to plug a keyboard and log in.

I know that but the message (or issue) is already on the screen and probably wrong or not useful. You need a keyboard to refresh it. Most people should be able to get their IP from their router. If not, plugin a keyboard in is generally easier than plugging in a monitor.

A better solution would be to check if systemd has a feature to update a unit after an event occurs, e.g. IP address changes. Something like already exists for .mount unit files.

This still wouldn't fix the problem that the message is already on the screen. Nothing is going to update that that I know of.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!