Docker container and Virtualbox VM are unable to reach each other within OMV

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Docker container and Virtualbox VM are unable to reach each other within OMV

I have this weird problem regarding the networking between the two applications - Docker and Virtualbox. Some of my Docker containers are using macvlan. macvlan works wonderfully.
      I have an ldap server (slave) running on Virtualbox and Docker container (emby). I am trying to authenticate my users via ldap, but unable to do so. When I checked the Emby (container) logs, it says "No route to host 10.1.7.40:7389". This is weird because they are both in the same subnet.

Here is what I have done so far:
      • The slave ldap server (VM) and the emby (docker) are both in the same subnet of 10.1.7.0/24, but can't see each other.
      • From the slave ldap server, I cannot ping the emby. However, I can see the emby's MAC address in the slave ldap server arp table.
      • If I ping the emby from a different subnet or even remotely, I can ping it and it is responding. I can also watch my movies, etc. So the network is working.
      • If I point the emby to use the master ldap server which is located in a different subnet, it worked.
      • I tried to use my other instance of emby from a different NAS to authenticate to the slave ldap server, this worked as well.
      With all these tests, I can safely say that the IP connectivity and openldap are working fine. But the problem exist between Virtualbox and Docker application. Has anyone have encountered this issue or a resolution?
      This is the default iptable on my OMV. I have not configured any firewalling on the OMV.

Source Code

1. Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
      2. target prot opt source destination
      3. Chain FORWARD (policy DROP)
      4. target prot opt source destination
      5. DOCKER-USER all -- anywhere anywhere
      6. DOCKER-ISOLATION-STAGE-1 all -- anywhere anywhere
      7. ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere ctstate RELATED,ESTABLISHED
      8. DOCKER all -- anywhere anywhere
      9. ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere
      10. ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere
      11. Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
      12. target prot opt source destination
      13. Chain DOCKER (1 references)
      14. target prot opt source destination
      15. ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere 172.17.0.2 tcp dpt:22000
      16. ACCEPT udp -- anywhere 172.17.0.2 udp dpt:21027
      17. ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere 172.17.0.3 tcp dpt:6080
      18. ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere 172.17.0.2 tcp dpt:8384
      19. ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere 172.17.0.3 tcp dpt:5900
      20. Chain DOCKER-ISOLATION-STAGE-1 (1 references)
      21. target prot opt source destination
      22. DOCKER-ISOLATION-STAGE-2 all -- anywhere anywhere
      23. RETURN all -- anywhere anywhere
      24. Chain DOCKER-ISOLATION-STAGE-2 (1 references)
      25. target prot opt source destination
      26. DROP all -- anywhere anywhere
      27. RETURN all -- anywhere anywhere
      28. Chain DOCKER-USER (1 references)
      29. target prot opt source destination
      30. RETURN all -- anywhere anywhere
      Display All