No Wipe Command

• I need to replace a failed drive in my SnapRaid + UnionFS. After searching through all the posted "help" from everyone on how to do this, there is a constant reference to "Wipe". But OMV apparently doesn't have a Wipe utility. Other instructions make reference to "dd", "wipe", "shred" and "scrub". At the command line, none of these commands appear to be available. Can anyone help? ?(

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von curious1 () aus folgendem Grund: mistype

• Offizieller Beitrag

there is a constant reference to "Wipe". But OMV apparently doesn't have a Wipe utility.

Did you look at the Disks tab?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Good to hear from you again Ryecoaaron. Did you mean the Disks tab in the WebGUI? I'll check ...

OK, I see the Wipe command in the Disks tab. Thanks for the heads up. I only get into the server about every few months, so it seems like I'm always starting over with Linux. But you have always been good in leading me down the right path.

To that end, I have a bad disk in my SnapRaid, which is four disks: one parity and three data drives.
    According to the SnapRaid in OMV User Guide, I'm supposed to (I am rewriting this below because it was unclear in the Guide):

1. Remove the drive
    2. Insert a new drive
    3. Reboot
    4. Login to the WebGUI
    5. From OMV>Storage>Disks; select the new drive
    6. Wipe the disk from the Disks tab
    7. From OMV>Storage>File Systems;
    a. Create:
    b. Device: select new disk
    c. Label: [whatever naming convention being used]
    d. Format: ext4
    8. Mount device

Follow the rest of the Guide instructions, as they are fairly clear going forward.

Anyway, thanks Ryecoaaron. Hopefully, this will all work now.

• Well, wouldn't you know it ... straightforward isn't in the wheelhouse for me. I finally get to the "fix" instruction in the "SnapRaid in OMV User Guide" (step 7) and the regular "fix" doesn't go, but instead gives me the following:

Disks '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-sdcdisk3/' and '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-sdddisk4/' are on the same device.
    You can 'fix' anyway, using 'snapraid --force-device fix'.

I've looked at this forum, the SnapRaid Guide, SnapRaid manual, SnapRaid forum, and can't seem to find anything that tells me where to do that. Is this a command line thing, or a GUI thing?

• If you are reading the SnapRaid manual, it's all command line stuff.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Thanks. The GUI tells me the command is "snapraid --force-device fix", but when I do that, the command line responds with 'unknown option "?"'. The snapraid manual seems to indicate that the command might be 'snapraid -d device fix' whereby it would seem that the command should be "snapraid -d --force-device fix". I seem to be getting conflicting instructions.

At the command line, I put in "snapraid -D, --force-mydevicename fix" and the command line gives me "Unkown option '?'. I've looked everywhere for an answer. I don't get it.

Anybody have an answer for that?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!