OMV control panel / webgui -- additional user(s)?

• According to this thread: Solutions to common problems (see quote below, Problem #3 in the FAQ), it suggests that only the "admin" user has access to everything.

TL;DR -- is it possible to add SOME/most webgui options, so they are accessible to other users from the console, as well?

I was unable to find an answer to this after pouring through the documentation and other potentially relevant posts/threads. Thanks you kindly for anyone who might be able to school me on this. It's been a number of years since I've had an OMV build, happy to be back.

Bash
    Debian GNU/Linux 9.11 (stretch)
    Linux OMV 4.19.0-0.bpo.6-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.67-2+deb10u1~bpo9+1 (2019-09-30) x86_64 GNU/Linux

This build is on an ancient Dell Optiplex 330:

• Intel Pentium Dual-Core CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz
    • 4GB DDR3
    • 500GB x 4 (SATA1 port is not responding, have some troubleshooting to do -- drive is good), 500GB RAID1 array for network backups, 500GB for torrent downloads, until I can resolve the issue with any drive I try in SATA1 device reported as "unknown" =(
    • OMV v4.1.26 (Arrakis) boots (and runs) from an 8GB USB 2.0 flash drive, with folder2ram plugin & noatime and nodiratime options added to /etc/fstab

Problem #3: I only see a few items in the web interface like the user section of Access Rights Management.
    Solution #3: You did not login as the admin user. This is the only user that can access everything.

EDIT: Getting decent performance across the network, using CrystalDiskMark. Intending to run 4 x 500GB in RAID10 array, if possible.

Performance testing, mounted as Windows network share:
    (read / write speeds)

• Sequential Q32T1 118.5/116.8 Mbps
    • Sequential4K Q8T8 105.8/67.87 Mbps
    • Random4K Q32T1 92.03/77.62 Mbps
    • Random4K Q1T1 11.37/12.40 Mbps

6 Mal editiert, zuletzt von peatrick () aus folgendem Grund: added CrystalDiskMark performance test results, plus folder2am plugin notes, finally added Neofetch script.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is it possible to add SOME/most features, so they are accessible to other users, as well?

Nope. Problem #3 updated to mention that other users cannot be given admin access.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!