Nextcloud docker container not updating to newer version? OMV4

• FYI: now that Nextcloud version 17.0.2 is available I again ran into the same problem with using the GUI updater:

Image of webGUI fail

Receiving the same error wasn't so surprising but it would be nice to figure out how to fix it once and for all. Fortunately I was able to initiate the upgrade via CLI although I got stuck in maintenance mode until I manually disabled it with 'sudo -u abc php occ maintenance:mode --off'. After that I was able to upgrade to 17.0.2.

Image of CLI installer

• so i reinstalled nextcloud following the guide.
    i did see there was an update to 17.02. i saw the update on my phone and figured i would see if nextcloud would update.
    it did and i did it on my phone Kinda cool lol).
    to my surprise i was able to update.
    i suspect my issue was using the wrong directory path, heres an example
    wrong:

correct:

hope that helps.

• Where exactly did you have this wrong directory path configured? 'Volumes and bind mounts' in the docker container config? Mine is set to "/srv/dev-disk-by-label-*******/appdata/nextcloud/config" which should be correct, right?

• Where exactly did you have this wrong directory path configured? 'Volumes and bind mounts' in the docker container config?

I did nothing with the docker container.
    here's how i installed nextcloud.
    stopped, letsencrypt, nextcloudddb.
    removed nextcloud countainer.

i then followed the guide.

Following this guide, nextcloud countainer is installed, nextcloud directory is created.
    I think my nextcloud not updating issue was a permission issue, as i already created the nextcloud folder before following the guide.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!