Plex install in OMV5

• Offizieller Beitrag

Does anyone have an idea?

Did you install docker with the button in omv-extras? It will install the script as well. Otherwise, your environment's path is not including the right directories.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Where are these paths?

/usr/local/bin/ needs to be in path. echo $PATH will tell you what your current PATH setting is. ls -al /usr/local/bin/docker-compose will show you if the docker-compose file exists.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• root@openmediavault:/home/docker1/plex# echo $PATH/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin

and:

root@openmediavault:/home/docker1/plex# ls -al /usr/local/bin/docker-composels: impossible d'accéder à '/usr/local/bin/docker-compose': Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type

Good job, I have a problem with my path... so, how can I edit this? Do I have to reinstall docker?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Good job, I have a problem with my path... so, how can I edit this? Do I have to reinstall docker?

Your path is fine. For some reason, docker-compose was not downloaded. Click the install docker button in omv-extras again. It won't remove your current docker install. Post the output.

• Ok but, after read other post, I can see that with the new version, 5.0.11, all plugins need to be install from Portainer... I'm lost, what is the best installation? With Portainer I'm afraid of being limited by the resources of my Nas..no?

• Offizieller Beitrag

after read other post, I can see that with the new version, 5.0.11, all plugins need to be install from Portainer

Nope. OMV 5.x just doesn't have the openmediavault-docker-gui plugin. You can use docker with portainer, docker-compose, or anything else you want. Plugins that have been ported to OMV 5.x are still installed using the Plugins tab in the OMV web interface. Don't confuse dockers and plugins. Docker images are used for services for things you want that weren't ported to OMV 5.x.

what is the best installation?

Not sure how to answer that. Using portainer is the best option in my opinion (unless you like the command line like I do) and that is why I added the feature to install portainer to omv-extras.

With Portainer I'm afraid of being limited by the resources of my Nas..no?

Why would portainer limit the resources of your NAS? It is just a container itself and uses very little resources. So, there should be no difference between using the docker plugin in OMV 4.x and portainer in OMV 5.x other than the web interface you use to create containers.

• I would really like to thank you for all the help you have given me since yesterday (sorry for my english, im french..)
    So I tried to install Plex from Portainer but problems remain... (sorry im noob)

1- The configured port does not appear (I would like a different IP address than my NAS what would you advise me? with the same IP or other?)

2- I like to know if my configuration is ok
    :

I left on "Bridge" and nothing else, . Impossible to connect with http://myip:32400/web

Do you have any suggestions for me?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would like a different IP address than my NAS what would you advise me? with the same IP or other?)

You would have to use a macvlan network to do that.

I left on "Bridge" and nothing else, . Impossible to connect with myip:32400/web

Based on your screenshots, you aren't exposing the 32400 port.

Do you have any suggestions for me?

Maybe this will help - https://forum.openmediavault.o…?postID=185081#post185081 - I don't use plex. So, I'm not the best to help.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You have to use "bind" instead of "volumes" to map the container folder to the host folder.

You can also run the docker-compose file in Portainer. For this you have to go to "Stacks" in the left menue. Then "+Add Stack". Give the stack a name (Pllex) and paste the content of the docker-compose file in the Web editor. Then deploy the stack.

• Hi @macom ,

Thank you for the reply. The problem is when I install this docker: linuxserver/plex:latest I don't understand why but I just have Plex Player and not Plex Media Serveur :(

I said that I do not see my server, I was not asked to configure it at the first launch of Plex ...

• Offizieller Beitrag

The problem is when I install this docker: linuxserver/plex:latest I don't understand why but I just have Plex Player and not Plex Media Serveu

Not sure what you mean. You have to create a library which is pointing to your content on the server. Have you done this?

• So, I will use the Stack option in Portainer how as you recommend:

I followed one of your "how-to".
    "Medias" is one of my shared folder, paths are they good for you?
    I would like use macvlan in this configuration; do you know if it's possible to insert this in your script?

I'm sorry if it's confused...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!