How To Install Network Card Driver?

• I'm afraid this is a real newbie problem for you. I just installed OMV 4.1.22 via the ISO download. Everything went well but I can't network. I think I remember my first install of some version before 1.17 having the same problem but can't remember how to resolve. So how do I install the driver for the ethernet card via command line? Or is there a better way?

Thanks!

Craig

• Offizieller Beitrag

Very rarely do you need to compile a driver on Linux. That is more of a Windows concept. If the ISO doesn't detect you network card, it is either really new, really obscure, really old, or your network cable is bad. If the card existed around the OMV 1.x timeframe, it should be supported by the 4.x kernel. What motherboard? How do you know the network card isn't working? "can't network" doesn't tell me much. If you are looking at the boot screen, that does not mean it isn't working. Login as root and type ip a

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thank you ryecoaaron for the quick reply. I have the advantage of installing the 4.1.22 version on another hard drive and still retained the old 1.17. The network card works when the 1.17 is swapped back in. I cannot ping to or from the server with the 4.x but I can with the 1.x. Everything is functional on the 1.x but I will swap back to the 4.x to run ip a and report. The ip returns 192.168.1.125 with the 1.x in. It is a fixed ip btw. Not dhcp?

• UPDATE:
    Turns out, I have a dual port ethernet card and one of the ports is inop. I reinstalled the system (3 times because the installer reported 3 network interfaces and I didn't know which was which) and finally got a clean install!! I can access the web ui and have run all updates. BUT, this is with the four raid 10 drives disconnected. When I try to connect the drives, server doesn't boot up. A lot of messages: "No arrays found in config file or automatically" and then stops booting. I know I'm missing something obvious. Still banging my head.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!