Cannot create shared folder on new or existing drive

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cannot create shared folder on new or existing drive

Out of the blue I am unable to create new shared folder on new or existing drives witch already got shared folders

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; systemctl restart 'sharedfolders-AppData.mount' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for sharedfolders-AppData.mount failed. See "

status sharedfolders-AppData.mount" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

Source Code

1. rror #0:
      2. OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; systemctl restart 'sharedfolders-AppData.mount' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for sharedfolders-AppData.mount failed.
      3. See "systemctl status sharedfolders-AppData.mount" and "journalctl -xe" for details. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182
      4. Stack trace:
      5. #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(86): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 1)
      6. #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(160): OMV\System\SystemCtl->exec('restart', NULL, false)
      7. #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/sharedfolders.inc(66): OMV\System\SystemCtl->restart()
      8. #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(194): OMVModuleSharedfolders->startService()
      9. #4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)
      10. #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      11. #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(149): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
      12. #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(565): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusod...', '/tmp/bgoutputdV...')
      13. #8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(159): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))
      14. #9 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)
      15. #10 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
      16. #11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      17. #12 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
      18. #13 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
      19. #14 {main}
      Display All
    • You are surely using '/sharedfolders/xxx' in a plugin, e.g. Docker. This is not allowed because it results in the problems you now have. The '/sharedfolders' shortcuts were only implemented to make navigation on CLI easier. Using them for example in Docker means that Docker locks the dirs and systemd fails when OMV tells it to reload them.
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit
    • votdev wrote:

You are surely using '/sharedfolders/xxx' in a plugin, e.g. Docker. This is not allowed because it results in the problems you now have. The '/sharedfolders' shortcuts were only implemented to make navigation on CLI easier. Using them for example in Docker means that Docker locks the dirs and systemd fails when OMV tells it to reload them.
      Thank you for taking time to answer to me, I am sure your busy with OMV 5 development but I am pretty sure I did not do what you are mentioning since my level of expertise is rock bottom! the only thing I did was to move docker to an external drive Move docker /var/lib/docker folder on external drive
      I think you are right I have probably done it.
      How I got there no idea.
      how to fix it?
      If you want I can upload my journalctl -xe

Source Code

1. _ _
      2. _ __ ___ ___| | ___ __ _ __ ___ / /_ | || |
      3. | '__/ _ \ / __| |/ / '_ \| '__/ _ \| '_ \| || |_
      4. | | | (_) | (__| <| |_) | | | (_) | (_) |__ _|
      5. |_| \___/ \___|_|\_\ .__/|_| \___/ \___/ |_|
      6. |_|
      7. Linux rockpro64 4.4.190-1233-rockchip-ayufan-gd3f1be0ed310 #1 SMP Wed Aug 28 08:59:34 UTC 2019 aarch64
      8. The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
      9. the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
      10. individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.
      11. Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
      12. permitted by applicable law.
      13. Last login: Thu Oct 31 09:07:40 2019 from 192.168.2.101
      14. root@rockpro64:~# sharedfolders-AppData.mount
      15. -bash: sharedfolders-AppData.mount: command not found
      16. root@rockpro64:~# systemctl status sharedfolders-AppData.mount
      17. ● sharedfolders-AppData.mount - Mount shared folder AppData to /shared
      18. folders/AppData
      19. Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/sharedfolders-AppData.mount; enabled; ven
      20. dor preset: enabled)
      21. Active: active (mounted) (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2019-10-31
      22. 09:07:59 PDT; 9min ago
      23. Where: /sharedfolders/AppData
      24. What: /dev/sda1
      25. Process: 4841 ExecUnmount=/bin/umount /sharedfolders/AppData (code=exi
      26. ted, status=32)
      27. Tasks: 0 (limit: 4915)
      28. Memory: 0B
      29. CPU: 39ms
      30. CGroup: /system.slice/sharedfolders-AppData.mount
      31. Oct 30 17:22:27 rockpro64 systemd[1]: Failed unmounting Mount shared fol
      32. der AppData to /sharedfolders/AppData.
      33. Oct 30 17:36:11 rockpro64 systemd[1]: Unmounting Mount shared folder AppData to
      34. /sharedfolders/AppData...
      35. Oct 30 17:36:11 rockpro64 systemd[1]: sharedfolders-AppData.mount: Mount
      36. process exited, code=exited status=32
      37. Oct 30 17:36:11 rockpro64 systemd[1]: Failed unmounting Mount shared fol
      38. der AppData to /sharedfolders/AppData.
      39. Oct 31 08:57:12 rockpro64 systemd[1]: Unmounting Mount shared folder AppData to
      40. /sharedfolders/AppData...
      41. Oct 31 08:57:12 rockpro64 systemd[1]: sharedfolders-AppData.mount: Mount
      42. process exited, code=exited status=32
      43. Oct 31 08:57:12 rockpro64 systemd[1]: Failed unmounting Mount shared fol
      44. der AppData to /sharedfolders/AppData.
      45. Oct 31 09:07:59 rockpro64 systemd[1]: Unmounting Mount shared folder AppData to
      46. /sharedfolders/AppData...
      47. Oct 31 09:07:59 rockpro64 systemd[1]: sharedfolders-AppData.mount: Mount
      48. process exited, code=exited status=32
      49. Oct 31 09:07:59 rockpro64 systemd[1]: Failed unmounting Mount shared fol
      50. der AppData to /sharedfolders/AppData.
      51. root@rockpro64:~#
      Display All

The post was edited 3 times, last by Nefertiti ().

• macom wrote:

Nefertiti wrote:

From an other thread I did
      /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_1/docker
      instead of
      /sharedfolders/AppData/docker
      should be
      /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_1/AppData/docker

isn't it?
      I am sure you know better than me, but before I commit to the change can you explain what is the difference and why should I do It?

Anyway you are probably right, and I am moving the docker in /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_1/AppData/docker.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Nefertiti ().

• You need to check on your server which is the correct path.

I assume you already have the folder "docker" and you want to use it. Before you used it with /sharedfolders/AppData/docker
      and this would be /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_1/AppData/docker

using the complete path.

But - as mentioned above - you have to confirm this on your server.
      Odroid HC2 - armbian - OMV4.x | Asrock Q1900DC-ITX - Intenso SSD 120GB - OMV4.x
      :!: Backup - Solutions to common problems - OMV setup videos - OMV4 Documentation - user guide :!:
    • macom wrote:

You need to check on your server which is the correct path.

I assume you already have the folder "docker" and you want to use it. Before you used it with /sharedfolders/AppData/docker
      and this would be /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_1/AppData/docker

using the complete path.

But - as mentioned above - you have to confirm this on your server.
      Got news:

Doing that get me to square 1 with no possibility to add a shared folder!
      Maybe the name AppData is reserved
      with the link docker in var lib to
      /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_1/AppData/docker

Went back to /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_1/docker and it is working again very strange.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nefertiti ().