Swapping HDD's In RAID 10

• Hello,

Can anyone direct me to step by step instructions for swapping a drive in RAID 10? I have been running OMV for several years now and am thinking about putting new drives in, one at a time, to refresh the equipment.

Thanks for any assistance,
    Craig

• I assume it is an mdadm array:

Growing a mdadm RAID by replacing disks
    Growing RAID 6 with OMV (MDADM)

Don´t forget to make a data backup before you proceed, because the rebuild process creates a lot of stress for the other disk(s).

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von cabrio_leo ()

• Ok, I have added the OMV usb backup plugin and ordered a new drive/enclosure so I can run backups of my NAS to the external drive. Once I have all that setup, I will look into off-site storage and simply keep running my OMV data drives till they quit. At which point, I might just restore to a non raid environment?

yes, mdadm

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!